Original Xenon lights (dirty projector lenses)

ryan9392

Hi 

I have a set of original xenon's which were on the car from new. I have recently seen a steady decline in the amount of light output so I decided to change the bulbs (as far as im aware these bulbs are the original bulbs so making them 10 years old). I purchased and installed Osram night breaker unlimited lamps. This has helped a little but its still not as good as I remember them being back a few years ago. I cleaned all the outer lenses with meguires kit. Lenses came up really clean and look loads better. But I noticed when the headlamps are off the car that the projector lense has a cloudy appearance and I think that this could be the main reason as to why the lights are so poor. 

When looking at them it appears that the projector lenses has two layers. One inner and one outer. Its hard to tell which one it is that is cloudy ( I think its the inner one) So my question to you is how do i get at both layers to clean both projector lenses? 

When I had the lights off of the car last time I did see that the projector lens was held in place with some nuts. They looked really quite hard to get to but I might try that before paying out for new lamps as I know they aren't cheap. Has anyone done this before and have any tips?? 

Cheers for reply :-)