Best product for cleaning intake valves?

I'm planning on getting the intake manifold etc off and cleaning the valves to see if this helps smooth out my idle soon. I've ordered some seafoam to use as a direct spray on to try and break it down but want to get another product as a backup should this not be effective so what do people that have done this before recommend?

Thanks!

Carbon off oven cleaner can be found on eBay and Amazon I used it on mine melts the stuff away

Is it a straight forward job? Do you replace the gaskets at the same time?

Edit: just looked on ebay and there's tonnes of different ones, do you remember the name of the one you've used before?

Edited by King85

try Simple Green or one of the citrus based paint strippers.

Oven Cleaner works a treat but you have to find one that DOES NOT CONTAIN sodium hydroxide (lye / caustic soda).  Sodium hydroxide will eat into aluminium like water on fairy floss.  I think Easy Off odour free might be OK but you should check first as formulas vary between countries.

• Like 1