2006 vRS Race Blue Estate improvement

MarkSk0da

In a moment of madness (in the quest to have nothing in the stable <200BHP) I purchased a very nice 2006 vRS Estate in Race Blue back in Nov 2015 to replace our 2008 1.6 FSI Elegance Estate which was great but just tooooo slow acceleration-wise for those longer motorway journeys! The vRS in question was sourced off EBay and after I struggled to get hold of the seller before the auction ended, I risked a bid on it unseen (something I would never normally do, or indeed recommend anyone else does). I had a good feeling about though it - genuine reason for sale and had recently had water pump and cambelt done + lots of history... While I could have gone for a new vRS 230, with young kids it would get trashed which would be heart-breaking and I also have the XKR & RCZ to run, so I decided to wait a couple of years for them to come down and in the interim, upgrade an older 'project' vRS with some spare cash (was also the only way to persuade the missus to swap her beloved red FSI, pretty much cost neutral!). In the end I managed to snipe the one I found for a bit of a bargain price and the rest as they say, is history!

Year: 2006

Body: Estate

Colour: Race Blue

Engine. 2.0 TFSI petrol

Mileage: 64k @ purchase

So far I have:

• 'Un-valeted' it - the seller had taken it to someone who loves x3 magic trees and cockpit shine  :no: All removed, leather fed with gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner and a 'proper' job done on the interior
  • Fitted:
    • New brushed steel vRS bonnet badge
    • Genuine Skoda vRS rear stainless steel Sill guards (checkered flag, correct for the car)
    • Genuine Skoda Front and Rear mudflaps
    • Genuine Skoda stitched vRS mat set
    • New bonnet stay clip
    • x2 heated door mirror glass
    • x2 boot (gas) struts
    • Gentex GENK2 retrofit VAG aut-dimming rearview mirror - superb bit of kit!
    • Stream MP3 radio and Jumbo Box Aux In socket (kit)
    • Supaloy 5001K control arm kit complete with Superpro bushes
    • Goodyear Eagle F1 rear tyres (back end is quiet again now!)
    • 4 wheel alignment on Hunter rig
  • Taken the car to Professional Retrofits (well recommended!) for:
    • Cobra rear parking sensor fit
    • Cruise control retrofit and coding
  • To do:
    • Fit - H&R front and rear ARB kit
    • Refurb alloys
    • Stage 1 remap to 250BHP via Shark Performance
  • Considering:
    • PCV delete (Forge)
    • Re-circulating dump valve (Forge)
    • APR Carbino - Stage 2 kit

I might add that this is primarily my wife's car so trying not to go too bonkers with it (i.e <stage 2), just make it nice inside and out, plus sort any know issues with >OEM spec kit and a bit of a power tweak to make it a bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing!  :D

_12_zpssf4fgpng.jpg

IMAG0730_zpsjqz7xs8f.jpg

IMAG0728_zpsu3xk3pxf.jpg

IMAG0699_zpswbur3163.jpg

Edited by MarkSk0da
  • Like 1

Just ordered H&R front & rear ARB kit  :devil: Hope the missus doesn't notice  :D

http://www.awesomegti.com/h-r-front-rear-anti-roll-bar-kit-26-22mm-octavia-lim-kombi-sedan-sw-inkl-rs-typ-1z-2wd-only-for-cars-with-xenon-lights-04-04

Edited by MarkSk0da

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Love the signature BTW  :clap:

Grille badge - Ebay (seller got2clear - doesn't look like they have any more at the moment but you could try contacting them...)

Kick Plates - http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-RS-SCOUT-04-12-original-Skoda-Autoas-REAR-protective-sill-covers-V2

Hope that helps...

Just found Grille badge after a LOT of searching (original seller sold out) - HERE

Looks like it's made by "Auto Car" - one point to note, I had to pad out the sticky pad with additional double sided pads in order to get it to stick properly, if you push down too hard you'll buckle it/make it concave so be careful! That said, it does look awesome!

I've also just bought a set of these to replace my tired centre caps when I have the wheels re-furbed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/52-55-5mm-SKODA-VRS-Logo-Car-Wheel-Centre-Caps-Badge-Car-Wheel-Hubs-Caps-Emblem-/262114360023?hash=item3d073bbad7:g:XicAAOSwI-BWL2B~

Edited by MarkSk0da

Thank you for the info, forgot about sig set up when I had my mk1 vrs a few years back, I have just ordered new style badges as couldn't find the one u had, i am watching them caps as mine are shot, deciding what colour to have wheels refurbed. I'll get some kick plates as the kids will soon scratch the paint!

• 1 month later...

Now fitted:

• H&R front and rear ARB kit - a day's job but boy is it worth it!
  • Refurb alloys - pics to follow!
  • PCV delete (Forge) - must be my imagination but I'm sure there's more BOOOOOST!
Edited by MarkSk0da

• 2 weeks later...

Think I saw you at Cricklade leisure centre on saturday night. 

I was the black octy parked opposite in the car park. 

Think I saw you at Cricklade leisure centre on saturday night. 

I was the black octy parked opposite in the car park. 

Hi - yeah that's the one, will keep an eye out for you next time, but it might just be the missus :)

Love them rear sill covers, strange Skoda didn't make them standard with the front.

How do you find the ARB kit has improved the ride?

Thanks - the handling is a lot more positive, with a nice resistance from the wheel as you load up the steering into corners. I'd say the ride is ever-so-slightly firmer - with stiffer bars, more of the road shocks get transmitted through the rest of the suspension but it's not unpleasant by any means. Even the missus (who freely admits she knows nothing about cars) commented about how much nicer it is to drive - high praise indeed! Well worth the time, £ and effort IMO...(of note I have the bars on the softer setting, you can also have either or both on harder setting too if you wish, to achieve the associated change in handling you desire, but I just went for the safe/predictable better than OEM setting as I didn't want it to surprise or alarm the wife!

Edited by MarkSk0da