iPhoto users....

I've got a problem with iPhoto and I thought I would put it to the experts on here before I seek advice elsewhere. 

I'm currently editing some pictures I took on a recent holiday to Iceland and wanted to add a few old snaps I took in New York back in 2014 to add to my Flickr account. 

I edited most of the pictures from NY back in 2014, but now I'm looking at them again I feel they could do with a bit of adjustment but my Mac won't let me!

If you look at the below picture, on the left is a picture from NY and the adjustable levels under "light" is greyed out, but looking at a more recent picture I took on the right it is not and I can change those settings. None of the other levels change when I move the slider bar either :( 

I have updated my Mac as and when I am told it needs one. On some of these pictures from NY when I click on edit I am asked if I want to reprocess the raw file (not all photos have asked me this) but this does not change anything even if I do. 

Anyone got any suggestions or ideas?!?! 

I have been considering sacking off iPhoto in favour of either a Photoshop subscription or simply to purchase Lightroom 6, but this won't be until I get back from Thailand in a few weeks so would like to fix iPhoto if I can :)

post-67352-0-47079900-1454355836_thumb.jpg

Not really used iPhoto, so not sure this post is of any help to you. But I believe Apple has killed off iPhoto in favour of it's Photos app now - not sure if that's related to your issues or not. I'd definitely go the PS/Lightroom route for the future, both for that reason and that they're just better than Apple's software.

As for fixing iPhoto the only suggestion I have is to trash the com.apple.iPhoto.plist file in User/Library/Preferences, which sometimes works ironing out glitches now and again? But not sure why it would be working on some images and not others?

• Like 1

Thanks, Mort. I'll re-read this after work and give it a go.

I also took a look this morning on google and there's a post on the apple help site that suggests I may have a problem with my iPhoto library and may need to rebuild it?

• Administrators

Find your photos library amd make a copy of it somewhere else, update your mac to the latest software. This will then update/rebuild the database and upgrade you to Photos (which is far better) and then try again.

• Like 1

Find your photos library amd make a copy of it somewhere else, update your mac to the latest software. This will then update/rebuild the database and upgrade you to Photos (which is far better) and then try again.

I had a system update last week, but will give this a bash.

Cheers dude.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I had a system update last week, but will give this a bash.

Cheers dude.

Double check the app store and see if there are any updates for the apps.