Confusing information from skoda agents regarding timing belt

Hi I know the subject of timing belt change intervals has been covered many, many  times but I think the information given by the main agents is adding to the confusion, I had the cam belt, water pump, and cam belt kit changed on my 2008 skoda fabia 1.4 TDi pd car, this was done on  the 09/08/12 it was the time period rather than the mileage made me decide to get this done recently I rang the main skoda agents to ask when it was due again they took my registration number and said 80,000 miles or 4 years, I then phoned another main skoda agents just to double check, they again took my car details, they  said it was 120,000 miles or 5 years as my car would have been fitted with an upgraded belt????

Does any member have any information as even the main agents don't seem to agree.

Thank you

Upgraded belt? What is this? I tend to think about what Continental say in that belts have 'best before' (please don't take that terminology too seriously, you know what I mean) of around 5 years, which includes sitting on the shelf waiting to be purchased. So unless you're doing mega miles 4 years to be on the safe side sounds good. 80000 sounds good for a belt. My Ibiza had it done before my ownership in 2013, I'm therefore thinking I'll get it done late next year. I'm no tech though, as said I'm sure someone will have a more specific answer. You're right though the variation is confusing.

I think this is right.... But might be 1.9 PD only....

Originally, Skoda specified 6 years or 120K kilometres...

After a while they issued a tech note to service agents specifying 4 years and 60K miles.

J.

• Like 1

I think this is right.... But might be 1.9 PD only....

Originally, Skoda specified 6 years or 120K kilometres...

After a while they issued a tech note to service agents specifying 4 years and 60K miles.

J.

I'm happy with that, sounds fairly reasonable