Mk 7 loss of powersteering

Timpel

Hey hey guys :)

Okei. Took a long lovely trip today, and when going back home. I was doing 100km/h on a motor way. There was a slower car infront of me. Started to overtake it and when i was next to it doing about 110km/h+ whole dashboard light up like a christmas tree and bang lost the power steering completely. Had to cancel the overtake, pull on the side of the road. Shut the engine down. Restarted it. Still was beeping and giving errors, but errors and beeps went away and everything went back to normal again. Ive had the car since it was new and its now one year old. Had similar problem when i get the car. Got the TPSM, Traction controll, Auto hold stop start system errors and whole lot lights lighting up on dash. Went to dealers for couple of times. They did software update / reset, but nothing helped. So they contacted the factory and they approved for Steering rack and all modules to be changed. So the dealer did and it solved the problem. THis only occured while starting up the car, and the errors went away for about 10-20 meters of driving and everything was normal again. Allthough i didnt lose my powersteering once. But today it was different. Lost the powersteering and dashboard had Red steering wheel and ! mark symbol on it. I didnt have that error last time. 

It was bit scary when you lose power steering when overtaking other car at motorway at 110km/h. Took some pics aswell

20160207_133606.jpg

20160207_133611.jpg

20160207_133616.jpg

Car is Vw Golf SV. 2015. with 1.4 92kw TSI engine in it 6 speed manual.

Will pop in to my local dealer tomorrow. Indeed its critical safety problem. It happened on a straight road, but what if it would have happened on a twisty backroad or something. Would have end up on a ditch. And it was incredibly hard to steer the car on the side of the road. Even with some speed. Steering was really hard. Like trying to turn the wheels while stationary.

Okei. Got back from the dealer. Somehow the readings for the power steering module went totally wrong and it stop working. They said they did calibration (?) and the software update for the steering wheel. Will see :)