Under Car Tray

ippo88

Hi folks, 

Anyone know what the tray / guard on the left side of the car towards the middle is called? 

It's not the main under tray at the front, it's a smaller one.  I have no idea what it covers.

Mine has snapped off on one end and trying to find a replacement.  I'll post a picture once the rain stops.

Many thanks,

I had the same problem, called in to my local dealer and by the time I had drunk a coffee I was on my way again. Can't remember what I paid! Appears that this is just to smooth the airflow under the car and therefore improve fuel consumption.

The reason the plastic covers are MOT advisories is because they cover things up, meaning the MOT tester can't get to them to check them, suspension and checks for corrosion etc.

They aren't allowed to remove them so put them as advisories to cover themselves.

why  are undertrays and engine covers MOT advisories? seems daft

it is daft but like Silver says, its to cover their arse.

My MOT tester has never done it though but a lot do. They will do the same if a child seat is fitted and cant test the seat belt aswell