P-xing the Dirty diesel

vigyaz

Hi all

Been a while since i posted as have had plenty on.

Had a looksie in a Ford 'GASP' garage the other week and settled on a new car...

Fiesta Zetec S Black edition, due for pickup later this week :D .

Still going to be hanging around here occasionally as my wife still has her 1.4mpi Furby and the community here is great!

Any thoughts on the new choice of car feel free to share as would be nice to know if anyone has any large amount of experience with these ecoboost engines.

Ta

Paul.

*forgot pic*

(example found on net)

Ford%20Fiesta%20Zetec%20S%20Red%20and%20

Edited by vigyaz

just don't of what so many dicks do, oooooh i have a 1.0 turbo engine, 'm going to spend ****e loads of money on it to get it nearly as quick as the fiesta ST.........  my mates is up to 165bhp now and has cost him tonnes to get it there ( i don;t know why he never got the ST)

they are ok, but they make me think of when i was looking at a fiesta ST, look nice on the outside but still a cheap ford on the inside, although i think that in my mates Focus RS, its a shame as Ford's are good and deep down i am a ford man, but the quality is never right there..

the 1.0 engine is good for what it is, but not my cup of tea personally, i would have rather had a better equipped Revvy Swift Sport.

Edited by Ant FR
  • Like 2

Cheaper insurance, cheaper to run and probably just as much fun most of the time.  But like Ant FR said, not much price difference between it and an ST.  I had a drive in a normal Zetec S 1.0 at a local garage and I quite liked it, it felt nicer to drive around town than my lumbering on 1.9 diesel Fab.

My wife has a fiesta titanium with the 123 bhp ecoboost engine, 2 years in no issues whatsoever. It is a cracking little car , 2 services so far about £140 a time ,no rattles or squeeks or things dropping off !

It is her 2nd fiesta and there is a lot of uninformed drivel around about Ford cars in general.

Enjoy your new car.

SWMBO has a titanium+ 1.0 eco boost and its a nice little engine, pulls well for what it is and I feel the power is available earlier in the rev range. Fuel consumption is excellent and in the 2.5yrs of ownership no issues, can't comment on servicing as we got free servicing. The interior held up well even with the dog bouncing about all over (she lets him sniff about everywhere before strapping him in) and there are no squeaks and rattles. The Sync2 is a good unit and the Bluetooth is a definite improvement than previous. We pick up a new one in same spec and engine next month, that's how much she liked it.

We also have a new Mk5 Mondeo with the 1.5 160ps Ecoboost engine same spec as fiesta and that's a cracking little petrol turbo too.

Love the heated windscreen and ambient lighting as well as the puddle lights.

I think you will be happy. Insurance is pretty cheap too, 11e iirc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My wife has a fiesta titanium with the 123 bhp ecoboost engine, 2 years in no issues whatsoever. It is a cracking little car , 2 services so far about £140 a time ,no rattles or squeeks or things dropping off !

It is her 2nd fiesta and there is a lot of uninformed drivel around about Ford cars in general.

Enjoy your new car.

Spot on. Have run fords since 1989 and, touch wood, never had a serious problem.

The local dealer is really very good, too. Although I go once a year, and haven't had any problems with them, I always get referred to by name.

Sent from my XT1039

Edited by briscaF1

i had a go in a 1.6 diesel Zetec S yesterday (well, i did learn to drive in one, but i wasnt pushing it then haha) and i was really impressed. Even with the heavier diesel in, its a good handling little motor. Quite impressive for a little hatch actually. The 1.0 should be alot lighter and even more agile id guess! 

Enjoy. I'm sure you will! :)