My16 - Rapid SB - Rev Limiter in Neutral

Just noticed a Simply clever feature...

not sure on the parameters yet, but in neutral you can only rev the engine to 2500 RPM.

Not sure if its the N, door open or seat belt off or DPF regen parameter which causes this yet.

(car was mid regen when i turned it off hence the fan running. )

Vtronic. It was doing a regen while driving. I was pushing the gas to the floor for the limiter

I tested it again.. In short of the wheels are not moving you can only rev to 2500 rpm regards of clutch in our or neutral.. Just a self protect system... Not tried with traction control off yet..

Got some miles to do tonight it in.. I will up date my running thread :)

Vtronic. It was doing a regen while driving. I was pushing the gas to the floor for the limiter

I tested it again.. In short of the wheels are not moving you can only rev to 2500 rpm regards of clutch in our or neutral.. Just a self protect system... Not tried with traction control off yet..

Got some miles to do tonight it in.. I will up date my running thread :)

Got it. Will try myself tomorrow and will post the outcome

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone using Tapatalk

My 3 past VAG diesel have been rev limited to 2500 rpm in neutral. 1.9TDi PD 105 Octavia, 1.6TDi CR 105 Fabia and now 1.4 TDi 75 BMT Polo. I was under the impression that the rev limiter was to stop cam belt failure during MOT test etc. But that might have been something to do with emission tests....

But in reality I rarely go over 2500 revs in everyday driving as that is the peak of the most efficient torque band.

• Like 1