Rear Wiper Change

Skyl1n3

Got my new Front and Rear wipers yesterday so after I got home from work today I figured I'd fit them while it's still daylight, front ones went on simple enough (Bosch Aerotwins for the curious) and they work lovely compared to my old blades, but the rear one doesn't have the same little push-release mechanism as the front, also I put my new one up against the existing one and it's about 30-40mm shorter... after making sure I got the right one for the rear, only to find out they have 2 DIFFERENT wiper lengths for 2007-2013 and then 2013-2014, I wasn't thinking about it much when I ordered them so went for the 2013-2014 since mine's a '13 plate and I assumed they all had the same type of rear wipers, wrong, turns out 2013/14 onwards have 280mm rear wipers while 07-13 (which mine is I'm assuming now) have 330mm wipers... way to make it simple Skoda :dull:

Amazon just like to add to the confusion too...

bcfa7ce7d5.png

Edited by Skyl1n3

£8.18 i think at the Skoda Dealership parts desk.

Someone has nicked mine before now,

and recently somebody had been trying to take off the whole arm and blade, meaning my squirter was askew.

(Still not quite happy were it squirts, or as it is, not squirts, the pipes are frozen.)

How does one remove the rear blade anyway? I didn't try extensively as I gave up when I found out it was the wrong size, but there's no push-unclip system that the front ones use so how do I remove it without breaking/snapping it?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the rear wiper on eventually, put it off for ages but found out how it fit and it wasn't like the front pair, the little cover where the button would be on the front pair slides across and reveals a hook-type connection, anyway I fitted it but now another problem occurs.... it keeps tapping my damn spoiler every time it's activated :envy:

Seems to be because the Bosch ones have higher profile edges compared to the stock wiper it hits the underside of my spoiler each time it passes across the glass, not to mention it looks like it doesn't even clear as well as my stock wiper, what a waste of money...

Got the rear wiper on eventually, put it off for ages but found out how it fit and it wasn't like the front pair, the little cover where the button would be on the front pair slides across and reveals a hook-type connection, anyway I fitted it but now another problem occurs.... it keeps tapping my damn spoiler every time it's activated :envy:

Seems to be because the Bosch ones have higher profile edges compared to the stock wiper it hits the underside of my spoiler each time it passes across the glass, not to mention it looks like it doesn't even clear as well as my stock wiper, what a waste of money...

I'm about to go down this road. Thankfully the old Asian bloke at the shop I use does the fitting for free before you buy.