Bluetooth Woes. Amundsen+ OEM or FISCON

I have a Bluetooth question which I'm sure could be answered with VCDS but I'm also hopeful which the knowledge on this forum someone may be able to answer for me.

I have a 2013 vRS Blackline estate with the Amundsen+ head unit which I believe comes factory fitted with bluetooth (from what I have read elsewhere on here), albeit disabled by default. This is somewhat reinforced by the fact that when scrolling through the menus there are references to bluetooth and phone features.

I also have a FISCON aftermarket bluetooth module fitted (by the original owners of the car, not me) which is the bluetooth system that the car is actually using, I know this because the maxidot doesn't show the OEM cellular integration (i.e. with the cell strength display and phone name) but rather the poor FISCON menu system. Also when trying to stream audio using A2DP it does work but the quality is frankly awful; you have to manually go into the menu system in the maxidot and select 'start A2DP' and then select AUX2 on the Amundsen+ and only then do you hear the audio. As I mentioned though, the audio is very poor quality, think mono quality and very quiet. All this being said, I have to say that the quality the the mobile phone calls through the FISCON is actually quiet good, certainly on par with previous OEM integrations I have used if not, better.

So my question, if the Amundsen+ does indeed have bluetooth how easy would it be to have this enabled by a member using VCDS and take out the FISCON unit so that I can start reaping the benefits of using proper factory bluetooth integration; I presume this would mean the proper integration of cellular features in maxidot and perhaps more importantly, proper quality bluetooth audio streaming?

Appreciate any comments you may have.

Thank you.

It would take longer to fit the mic than it will to code the headunit. ;) ;)

The fool-proof way to check the headunit would be to pop it out and look at the stickers on it. One will show "MAC Address". As long at that's not all zeros, you have bluetooth.

As Eddie says, go OEM and sell the FISCON.

Thanks guys. That's reinforced what I was already thinking, whilst the phone quality was quite good hence leaving as was, the menu system is a bit well, not OEM and annoying (especially without the proper cellular info) but the nail in the coffin is the awful quality audio! Have been quite happy listening to DAB but as I have recently upgraded to an all you can eat data package on 4G I intend to make use of my Apple Music service in the car so need reliable Bluetooth service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk