Can I take gap insurance off my order?

LHVRS

Hi 

I ordered a new VRS on Monday and was sold on the idea of gap insurance. I agreed to buying it at £499 and this was added to the total price so will be paid off throughout the PCP deal.

My sales guy said he'd send me an email and I had to reply confirming I want this (haven't replied). Signed all the paper work and went home waiting for the call to tell me the finance has been approved. Got the call :clap:  so started looking into the gap insurance and have found out, 1, my insurance will cover me for the first year and second I can get it much cheaper.

So my question is can I change this or because I've signed paperwork I'm now stuck with paying it? My thinking is I've not sent a confirmation reply via email and the cars not due to reach me until end of May so I can alter this. Still have a 3k deposit to pay so it could be taken out of this so payment details stay the same. 

Thanks for any help 

Luke

Edited by LHVRS

Provided you haven't signed the paperwork, then yes. Even then there should be a cooling off period. Gap insurance is a handy product if you're buying the car on finance but it has a low claim to premium ratio. £399 is way too much but dealers have been known to drop the price of the car by a bit more so they can claim their commission.

Edited by RapidPaul

I took the option of cancelling GAP insurance in the cooling off period

The dealer charged £399 for it, but the GAP company wrote to me saying they were refunding the £200 premium (this was on a £10k Citigo), so it may be that dealers are adding more than the actual cost

I ended up having to get the dealer to refund the balance

Edited by Brimma

Cheers guys, I emailed my sales guy last night and just had a response saying not a problem they will take it off my order and knock it off the remaining deposit I have to pay when I pick the car up.

Cheers

• Like 2