Mk1 Octy 1.8t 4x4 problems

Hi,

My mum owns a low mileage 1.8t 4x4 and it's been great but now has a few issues I'm hoping to fix for her as the garage want about 1200!

We need to replace the lateral and yaw sensors from the esp system. I think they are both under the steering wheel? She had a water leak and I think they have been got to by water.

Also the drivers side crash sensor has come up as faulty within the airbag system. I think this is either on the floor under the drivers seat or in the door itself.

Anyone replaced these sensors or can help me by confirming where they actually are.

I'm hoping to find second hand replacements and I have found the lateral sensor g200 can be repaired.

Thanks All!

Hello,

The ESP Sensor G200 is at the steering collum. I fixed this one bij myself. Iff you take another versie  it will not fit because the connector is differend zo take the same part numers and letter.

After that calibrate them with VCDS. The crash sensor is in de Airbag it self i think. I don't find any other one in the car. 

• 2 weeks later...