Android in Bolero - MirrorLink and AndroidAuto killer

pab567

Thanks to my persistence (long story - some Chinese are idiots) I have module based on Android 4.2.2 mounted in my Fabia III. For now, though this is still a prototype but close to the final version. Switching to Android is done by pressing and holding the button MEDIA. In addition to Android, you can also connect a reversing camera (automatically triggered via CAN) and two AV source - including DVB-T tuner controlled directly from the screen radio screen (no bloddy remote controllers that run out of battery whenever you need them).

Of course nothing disappears from the screen when you start your ride. And you can install any navigation and other software that you wish - pure Android, no limits :)

I still have to work together with the manufacturer to improve few details - I think you can expect the final version within 2-3 months.

I will share some video soon.

• Like 2

Guest Mikeee324

Sounds interesting to me as well.

What would happen with the reversing camera if I have the parking sensors on? Would the sensor screen just show over the top of everything like it does everywhere else?

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday the next version has been mounted aand reverse camera and DVB-T tuner have been added. IT'S REALLY AMAZING. Android module is based on 4.2.2, it works really fast and smoothly. It's preloaded with iGO but you can change to any navi software running on Android. I have also added a small router that automatically creates access point upon switching on the engine.

I'm quite buusy this week as we move the company to the new location but shortly after Easter you can expect some nice videos :)

• Like 1

looking forward to the English dubbing as have a Fabia 3 on order and want to be able to use my Motorola Moto X Play mobile when I pick the car up to navigate home whilst listening to my music on the SD card in the glovebox. I followed some of the video but my lack of Polish left me not sure about other parts. You are doing amazing work pab567...

Cost of Android 4.2.2. based navigation system, with reverse camera input and 2 AV RCA inputs, without DVB-T tuner, is approx. 2530 PLN (~465 GBP). Cost for optional DVB-T tuner is approx. 900 PLN (~165 GBP) however tuners will be available in few weeks (I have a prototype unit). Prices include 23% Polish VAT.

http://www.sklep.martos.com.pl/android-navigation-for-bolero-iii-800x480-vw-polo-skoda-fabia-od-2013-p-187.html

There is also WinCE based version which is significantly cheaper - 1738 PLN (~320 GBP) - http://www.sklep.martos.com.pl/video-and-rvc-interface-for-discover-media-composition-media-with-navigation-and-dvbt-option-golf-seat-skoda-from-2013-p-186.html

If anyone is interested pls send me a message - I'm pretty sure some discount may be applied if order for few units is placed.

• 4 months later...