connecting galaxy s4 to new rapid swing

Hi there bought my rapid back in january is the more basic version forget the model nos so no steering wheel controls but cant get phone to sync with the stereo for music or that it connects with the unit but only plays the single samsung start up track over the horizon anyone any help? As it only has an sd card no cd player either ues call me old i like "owning" my music means its just a radio and hee haw else

Basically whatever music is playing on your mobile, the bluetooth connection to the car should play.

Also which music app do you use? Samsung music or google play music? Are the songs on the phone memory or the phone micro sd card?

Basically whatever music is playing on your mobile, the bluetooth connection to the car should play.

Also which music app do you use? Samsung music or google play music? Are the songs on the phone memory or the phone micro sd card?

its not got Bluetooth or it would be easy songs on phone just to use like an mp3 player

So your car doesnt have Bluetooth? I'm assuming it at least has MDI - are you using a Y cable or just a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio lead?

Hi yes it has an mdi does it need a y cable? Would have thought the usb would have been enough will try a 3.5 mm jack along with the usb tomorrow seems a bit odd when all data can normally be transfered by usb in other devices

MDI requires either a Y cable 3.5mm AND USB to USB, or a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable for very basic analogue audio only. An ordinary USB cable won't usually work unless the phone presents as a USB drive.

MDI is well known for being 1) odd and 2) unreliable.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Edited by chrisgreen