vRS handles dreadfully ...

Jules59

... in a ploughed field.

My son (19) borrowed my Vrs the other night and got it stuck in a ploughed field. Said he was just doing a U turn off a narrow road 'cos he was lost. It had nothing to do with the pretty blonde in the passenger seat I dont suppose.

Anyway, it was stuck fast and going nowhere without help - in 3 inches of sticky mud. The sort that makes your boots grow in size so that you can hardly lift them. So I took wife's freelander to give him a tow. Found the towing eye in the boot, pulled off the plastic cover in the bumper and started to screw in the towing eye. After several failed attempts to get the eye to screw in, I was getting rather cross- it was nearly midnight and rather cold. On closer inspection, with a dim light of a failing torch, I noticed the eye has a LEFT HAND THREAD (not mentioned in the manual). Why on earth do they do that ? Someone with a annoying sense of humour back at Skoda HQ? Some insane EU rule. Why ? I mean, its not as if the eye has any other use.

Son has now got 2 major car cleaning jobs this week. Lesson learnt: always pay attention to the conditions of the field ahead.