Citigo parking sensors

Fusioncrust123

Has anyone had rear parking sensors retrofitted to their citigo that work and display on the PID?

I have been quoted £430 fitted by motormods using genuine skoda parts. But they are not local to me in the North West.

Anyone any recommendations?

Cheers

Martin

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Guy at motormods confirms they have done it before using genuine skoda parts and works as it should and displays on the PID. Says it is exactly as would be factory fitted.

Guy at motormods confirms they have done it before using genuine skoda parts and works as it should and displays on the PID. Says it is exactly as would be factory fitted.

Good to know, Thanks!

I bought an Elegance in 2015, which was already sitting in the UK, so I had to take what there was in the way of options fitted to it (not all that much, in truth)!!!

My first call was to a local(ish) guy who fitted parking sensors (4 of them) to the rear, at my home: Having them on the front as well was a ball-breaker of a job - so he said, due to the wiring necessary, but the rears work absolutely fine.

Around less than £100 (from memory) & took him very little time at all - the longest wait, was for him spraying them to the colour of the car & waiting for them to dry. A job well done.

The next citigo (coz I will buy another one in 2 years' time) will have them factory-fitted - BUT ONLY because I'd plump for the cruise control as well - these work superbly.

I bought an Elegance in 2015, which was already sitting in the UK, so I had to take what there was in the way of options fitted to it (not all that much, in truth)!!!

My first call was to a local(ish) guy who fitted parking sensors (4 of them) to the rear, at my home: Having them on the front as well was a ball-breaker of a job - so he said, due to the wiring necessary, but the rears work absolutely fine.

Around less than £100 (from memory) & took him very little time at all - the longest wait, was for him spraying them to the colour of the car & waiting for them to dry. A job well done.

The next citigo (coz I will buy another one in 2 years' time) will have them factory-fitted - BUT ONLY because I'd plump for the cruise control as well - these work superbly.

Do yours display on the PID? I know there are many aftermarket sensors solutions available but i would rather have the OEM ones that display on the PID, more to keep value than anything else i suppose.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

In two words - NOPE. The sensors simply bleep (faster & faster, & louder & louder) when getting nearer to an object at the back. Also, they bleep (so I suppose that you know that they're actually working) as you select reverse gear. In truth, the length of the car is so small, that parking sensors aren't really needed, but I had them on my last car (cost an absolute packet): they were new & shiny, and I wanted them on this car.

There IS a school of thought (as religiously practiced by my daughter) which says that only when you hit the car behind, have you gone far enough in reverse, and to then simply move forward one foot, & then you're "neatly" parked. It works for her.

Bestest

Mike

I have to say, Fusioncrust123, that, once fitted, one DOES tend to rely on them. Although the car's very short, and can squeeze into a space currently occupied by a discarded fag packet, having RPS's means that there's no chance of even kissing the car behind. The front overhang is so tiny, that in all truth, PS's are most definitely not needed at the front - I invariably sense that I'm on the point of touching the car in front, but when I've stirred myself to actually get out & have a look, there's been some 2+ feet clearance.

But when a man wants "something" (especially if it's new, bright & shiny) then there's no alternative but to get them - sadly, women don't think the same way - they're ruled by reasoning, logic & common sense. Who'd be a woman?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi (again) Fusioncrust 123.

I thought back to when the guy was fitting my RPS's, & apart from drilling little holes in the rear bumper, he only seemed to tap into the wiring in the rear wheel arch.

But he obviously "knew his stuff" as the bleeps emanate from the general area of the radio???

£430 sounds to be ludicrously expensive, & take it from me, my little £80? job work absolutely fine.

Shop around!

Hi (again) Fusioncrust 123.

I thought back to when the guy was fitting my RPS's, & apart from drilling little holes in the rear bumper, he only seemed to tap into the wiring in the rear wheel arch.

But he obviously "knew his stuff" as the bleeps emanate from the general area of the radio???

£430 sounds to be ludicrously expensive, & take it from me, my little £80? job work absolutely fine.

Shop around!

Thanks for that Michaelski. Issue for me is having it the same as factory fitted to preserve/add value. In all my previous experience any aftermarket add on will affect value negatively. Whereas the same as factory fitted keeps or adds value. I know £430 is pricey but as this displays on the PID and uses all skoda/vw parts then it would be as factory fitted :-)

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

I did indeed enquire about having the Skoda Dealership fir my parking sensors, but they told me sic "the ONLY way in which I could have the sensors fitted as an integral part of the vehicle/PID, would be if I'd opted for the Cruise Control/RPS Packet when ordering the vehicle".    But as I hadn't actually ordered the car per se, I'd (purely for the sake of speed of delivery) agreed to take a vehicle which was already being off-loaded at Felixstowe???, and therefore I had to take it as it came.     It was the colour that I wanted (more precisely, what SWMBO had stipulated): it was the 75PS Elegance, & it had a factory-fitted spare wheel.      So, I took the lesser of many evils, & took what I was offered, and had the RPS's fitted a few days later.

But I reckon that you're worrying unnecessarily, I can't  see any future buyer quibbling over exactly HOW the RPS's work - only that they DO work.   And I may just have had a better job than what Mr Skoda would have supplied - I at least have 4 sensors, whereas Mr S only fits 3!   Furthermore, the £350 that I saved, will buy me 4 Michelin CrossClimates - instead of the cheap tat (Contipremium E2's) that are currently fitted.

It's all Horses for Courses (& sufficient unto the day thereof).

Hi Martin,

I did indeed enquire about having the Skoda Dealership fir my parking sensors, but they told me sic "the ONLY way in which I could have the sensors fitted as an integral part of the vehicle/PID, would be if I'd opted for the Cruise Control/RPS Packet when ordering the vehicle". But as I hadn't actually ordered the car per se, I'd (purely for the sake of speed of delivery) agreed to take a vehicle which was already being off-loaded at Felixstowe???, and therefore I had to take it as it came. It was the colour that I wanted (more precisely, what SWMBO had stipulated): it was the 75PS Elegance, & it had a factory-fitted spare wheel. So, I took the lesser of many evils, & took what I was offered, and had the RPS's fitted a few days later.

But I reckon that you're worrying unnecessarily, I can't see any future buyer quibbling over exactly HOW the RPS's work - only that they DO work. And I may just have had a better job than what Mr Skoda would have supplied - I at least have 4 sensors, whereas Mr S only fits 3! Furthermore, the £350 that I saved, will buy me 4 Michelin CrossClimates - instead of the cheap tat (Contipremium E2's) that are currently fitted.

It's all Horses for Courses (& sufficient unto the day thereof).

Fair point, well made but I'm still going to go for the original kit that displays on the PID :-) Each to their own :-)

Well then Martin, ENJOY.

Perhaps when you have them fitted & working, you'll put on a Post about your experience & how they measure up to your requirements?   It will be of interest to many owners.

Well then Martin, ENJOY.

Perhaps when you have them fitted & working, you'll put on a Post about your experience & how they measure up to your requirements? It will be of interest to many owners.

Will do, not an urgent job but it's on the 'to do' list :-)