Octavia Vrs - my start mods look ok?

Hey,

My car is in the process of being written off.

I will be buying a Vrs.

However much I have to spend on the car I plan to knock 1000 off for mods. I want to get the mods done on the garages 5 day insurance then fully insure it with the mods declared.

So 2 questions:

Where to insure a modified car?

And does my list look ok:

Shark map and control unit

Rarb

H&k springs

Cupra splitter

Black grill.

I want a map for the hell of it, the rarb and springs because I get the impression the handling isn't brilliant, and the splitter and grill just for a bit of attitude.

What you think?

Thx for the replies.

Ill get some details over re insurance once the write off becomes less of a fluid situation.

Fair point on 'for the hell of it'. Worth noting my dead car was a high power output 4wd with a wicked rear camber and rarb as standard. You would have to be doing something REALLY stupid to lose it. All ive read and seen about the vrs suggests the suspension needs attention - skoda seem to agree with the changes to the new vrs. Not sure i will get a 'true' read from a test drive but good point anyway.

• Like 1

If I was spending a whack of money on a new car..I would always take it for a thorough test drive..I was very nearly caught out on a vrs before committing to the one I have now which didn't manifest itself until 30 minutes into the test drive on the way back to the garage..(DSG auto box)

I researched what I wanted, spec, age milage etc..and I travelled for the right car...with a 400 mile flight there and a drive home thrown in for good measures :-)

yeah you're not going to rag the ar5e out of it on a test drive..but you will get a fair idea of its capabilities.. and maybe surprise yourself that some of the mods can be done further along rather than all at once?..meaning a few more pennies for the right car?

• Like 1

I didn't test drive mine. Although the base of a golf meant I wasn't too nervous!

Having had mine for a few months I regularly find myself researching suspension kits - bilstein b12. I don't think springs will cut it as the standard shocks really aren't great. And after the rave reviews about remaps a visit to shark will be on the cards at some point.

Chris Knott customer service is far superior than any previous insurer I've been with and I've had a lot of performance cars. Just renewed with them and they priced matched a cheaper quote I got off Adrian Flux. Thing to remember I suppose cheaper isn't always better but I know I'm safe with Chris Knott the staff are really helpful.

Edited by vrsmatt1985