Columbus - switching media source

On my S2 (Bolero), I could switch between media sources (Radio, CD, SD et al) via the MFSW - however appears on the S3 and Columbus that I can't do this.

I know it's only a stretch across to flick between Radio and Media button but surprised I couldn't do it via MFSW.

I will have to check this, but what happens if you press the right selector on the MSFW while the Maxidot is in Audio mode?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I don't recall being able to switch media source on my MFSW in my Columbus equipped S2, but then I also don't recall ever actually using the Audio option of the maxidot.

Voice command, however, works perfectly in the S3. "Media" if it's not already the active screen, then specify the source directly with "Source SD Card 1", "Source DVD", etc, or say "Next Source" to scroll through the various sources.

I will have to check this, but what happens if you press the right selector on the MSFW while the Maxidot is in Audio mode?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nowt, tried it

I don't recall being able to switch media source on my MFSW in my Columbus equipped S2, but then I also don't recall ever actually using the Audio option of the maxidot.

Voice command, however, works perfectly in the S3. "Media" if it's not already the active screen, then specify the source directly with "Source SD Card 1", "Source DVD", etc, or say "Next Source" to scroll through the various sources.

Had Bolero in my S2 so perhaps it's no different on the Columbus between S2 & S3.

Not tried voice commands to be fair, generally find them pants and slow to react. My Welsh colleague has to pronounce my name with a French accent to get it to respond!

The Mk2 Superb had the ability to cycle through the media sources via the MFSW button on the left hand side. It was the button with a symbol very much like a roundabout sign but the other way around! 

Maybe it was ditched in favour of these new fangled voice commands we are all now expected to use. 

Edited by dstev2000
  • Like 1

The Octavia 3 left hand MFSW button set includes the mode option button for the infotainment system and works on my L&K. Replaces the voice command button which I doubt I'll use. Quite a useful addition.