Wheel alignment after coilovers

Hi to all,

So i have coils for aboout one year in that time (before winter) I have raised my car for about 2cm - 0.78 inch and put on from 185/55/16 to 215/35/18 tyres. After that change I did wheel alignment.

Now i want to know If the wheel alignemnt is necessary if I would like to go from 15 to 18" and lower my car again for the same height (2cm) . As I know just chaning the tyres woulde height ride rise for 2,2 cm and lowering for 2cm with coils there would be only 0,2cm diffrence between old set up and new one.

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would want an Alignment Check done, and from that you will know if Adjustment is required.

Then you can let others know the result you had.

If you do not, then you might never know until you have tyre wear due to misalignment which is a waste of money IMO.

Thanks for anwser, I will check alignment after changing the height. I will check it one week later or somthing like that, when all things set down.

Yes alignment is essential. As you rightly observe, this needs to be done once all has settled. From many years on the spanners,I would also suggest a second check a month after the first check

Yes alignment is essential. As you rightly observe, this needs to be done once all has settled. From many years on the spanners,I would also suggest a second check a month after the first check

I had a Bilstein B12 kit fitted on my Fabia in February with 4 wheel laser alignment done straight after - so it's worth having it checked again?

Yes. it sure is.

Settlement does take place - hence the need to take a second look at alignment. Was always amazed at the variations found by this double check - (NOT in all cases of course)

-

Think back to the number of times when a forum member gets tyre wear despite having had the tracking done following work on suspension - only to find later that further correction is required.

• 1 month later...

Diffeence was very little I dont have numbers at the moment but still I suggest that after any height diffrence I would go for wheel alignment.

I have something to add to this.

Been running B12 kit for a year now and also got full tracking and alignment done straight after.

Had the car looked at today and the insides of both front tyres are at the limit so something must be akimbo.2 new tyres and tracking done again.

Edited by SuperTurbo