Help me choose springs for my vRS ( eibach, VWR, h&r )

Lowered on H&R's.

No more 'crashy' than any other VAG based car I've driven in the past 10 years (they're all pretty harsh from the factory)... and with the **** state of the roads here and in the UK you'd be hard pushed to make much of 'true' evaluation anyway in my opinion!

I find handling is much improved... and I'd much rather feel the road however bumpy it is.

Much better!!!

I was in the past looking to get the H&R 28833-2 springs but then came across the Eibach E10-79-010-02-22 as I don't want to lower the vRS to much but just a tad ;) only because I carry a half load to 3/4 load in the boot most of the time so don't really want to deck it too much

But saying that! Has anyone got this spring kit on a petrol vRS combi by Revo

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/suspension/mqb-revo-spring-upgrade-kit

be interested to know what they look like & how much the total drop is, these springs from Revo have also been working along side Eibach as per the description in the link

Edited by BATVANVRS

What drop is that 40mm all round?

Yup... 40mm drop, but the way they write-it is slightly misleading in all the literature...

It's a 40mm total drop on the standard Octavia suspension height, but only a 25mm total drop on the vRS suspension height which is already 15mm lower.

One of the most notable differences in dropping the body is that the ridiculous amount by which the wheels are tucked in becomes far less noticeable as you haven't got huge gaps above the wheels.

The best way to improve the stance overall (again in my opinion but not necessarily everybody else's) is to also change the wheels or stick 15/20mm spacers on the front/rear wheels which helps them fill the arches (see below pic of mine with 3SDM 0.05 18x8.5J's fitted, which have since been removed because they're c**p quality, which had a 22mm wider track each side).

CIMG1379

Same 7.5J and offset as the 18" Gemini's as far as I'm aware, and the Extreme's just have a lower profile tyre being 19", but rolling radius and overall width/diameter are same (the Extreme's just look better but weren't an option when I specced mine)!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

look what turned up today:

26003556685_395d8bc022_c.jpg

Eibach by Rob E, on Flickr

:)

might take me a few weeks to get them on.. busy, and skint too at the moment.

Any closer to getting these fitted Rob? Looking fwd to checking out the transformation. Before and after pics essential! ;-) Edited by Nezman

Any closer to getting these fitted Rob? Looking fwd to checking out the transformation. Before and after pics essential! ;-)

no sorry, been away on hols.. and i broke my camper van at the weekend so i have some costs coming for that.. so might not be 'til next pay day.  don't worry i'll get some pics up when they're done.  can't wait :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2016-03-23 at 10:09, rob_e said:

look what turned up today:

26003556685_395d8bc022_c.jpg

Eibach by Rob E, on Flickr

:)

might take me a few weeks to get them on.. busy, and skint too at the moment.  

Did you get the springs fitted?

• Like 1