High beam indicated on dash using LED DRLs

Well i fitted Cree 80W leds (H15) to replace the OE dual filament halogen bulb. However, as pretty as it looks, the blue high beam light is constantly lit on my dash whenever the DRLs are on. Not an issue when the dipped (H7) bulbs are activated (and the DRLs automatically switch off anyway), but it maybe something I cannot live with!

I was aware before fitment that there could be potential issues (hence having some white (-ish) H15s on standby), but if there was another method (decoders?) or add-ons I could use to make this work perfectly, then please feel free to share your knowledge.......Chris?

I don't know why I post prematurely on this blinking site! I returned to the motor after half an hour only to find that the high beam indicator light was no longer lit. however, I have lost the ability to 'flash' when only using DRLs during the day (hmmmm? a draw back of using a dual purpose buld methinks)

have you thought about replacing with the OEM fog light LED DRLS and switching to a single filament bulb in the headlight ??

Of course you will need to tap into the wiring, but could be simple enough ?

have you thought about replacing with the OEM fog light LED DRLS and switching to a single filament bulb in the headlight ??

Of course you will need to tap into the wiring, but could be simple enough ?

Hadn't considered that, but as the blooming high beam light has now reappeared, I may well do! thanks btw

Which LED bulbs have you fitted?

I had some in for a few months and never had any issues with warning lights, or incorrect lights coming up on the dash.

I would double check that you have got all of the 3 pins completely locked in place, I know it's incerdibly fiddly and will take you sacrificing some skin from your fingers lol

I have swapped them out though for a normal type of bulb, with a blue/white xenon look. This was only because through the winter I found the high beam function of the Cree/led bulbs to not be bright enough for the unlit back roads.

Edited by JohnSTV6
  • Like 1

yeah i thought i did have them snuggly fitted, but when i went to replace them they were a bit loose. They are reportedly cree leds, and i tried to once again to lock them firmly into place, but they still seem a bit loose. they have been replaced now with the same as you have replaced yours with, but i admit they still look a bit yellow lol

When I orderd my H15 led's I saw that the most leds only had 1 beem (mostly 55w or 80w) but the one I orderd have the 2 beems 15w and 80w.

Where did you order this? do you have a link? thanks