Broker price increase across the range

Hi all,

New here and have been reading around looking to buy a 1.4 TSI ACT estate over the last couple of weeks.

Tonight I notice that the price at several brokers (NCD, C2C, Broadspeed, Drive the Deal) has increased by approx £1100, with the discounts now at ~15% of list whereas recently it was @19%

Anyone know what's going on?

Obviously would rather pay less, just interested if Skoda have reduced some of the deals as the wait list is fat with orders, or if this is cyclic and likely to drop back again early next month.

Cheers

ASD

Glad i have already ordered mine, as mentioned elsewhere, the car i ordered went up £2k yesterday!

And if we get MY17 UncleWang that will be an added bonus.

Glad i have already ordered mine, as mentioned elsewhere, the car i ordered went up £2k yesterday!

Are you confident there isn't anything in the small print that protects the broker against exchange rate fluctuation? An awful lot could happen in that respect in the next three months. What if the brokers stand to lose their shirts on the deal all of a sudden?

Are you confident there isn't anything in the small print that protects the broker against exchange rate fluctuation? An awful lot could happen in that respect in the next three months. What if the brokers stand to lose their shirts on the deal all of a sudden?

I was told that if the prices went up, It wouldn't affect me.....but if it did by that much I will insist on my deposit back and cancel....the huge discount is one of the main reasons I ordered.

Thanks for the views, guess I'll see how April pans out. I've had my current car for 10 years so no rush!

Cheers

ASD

My S2 has 90k miles but fancied a new L&K. A hatch not estate this time.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed the New car discount site is once again showing discounts of upto 22% across the range.

Can't believe the pound has rallied against the euro since the drop in deals.

Either way - what's not to like!

• Like 1

I noticed the New car discount site is once again showing discounts of upto 22% across the range.

Can't believe the pound has rallied against the euro since the drop in deals.

Either way - what's not to like!

Great spot, based on this I've just sent a quote request to NCD for a 1.4 TSI ACT SE Estate in Pacific blue with a few options. Indicative of 20% discount vs 14% recently offered on the stock spec.  Car will be a keeper so less worried about long term resale.I followed a pacific blue hatch this morning which looked fine and SE means I can spec the rough road pack which gives me 15mm extra clearance to get off my drive which is a little tight as I pull up a steep incline onto the road. NCD is best part of 2k cheaper than the other brokers I checked, DD, OW etc.

Edited by Decto

Great spot, based on this I've just sent a quote request to NCD for a 1.4 TSI ACT SE Estate in Pacific blue with a few options. Indicative of 20% discount vs 14% recently offered on the stock spec.  Car will be a keeper so less worried about long term resale.I followed a pacific blue hatch this morning which looked fine and SE means I can spec the rough road pack which gives me 15mm extra clearance to get off my drive which is a little tight as I pull up a steep incline onto the road. NCD is best part of 2k cheaper than the other brokers I checked, DD, OW etc.

NCD quote was almost 2k less than a 6 months old 5000mls dealer demo with 2wd and less spec.

Glad the spot has helped someone - at these prices it is tempting to upgrade from my S2.

My local dealer has a number of 15 plate SE L Executives with 6K+ miles for £26K+.

NCD are offering new ones for £2K less or an L&K for about the same price.

I would expect that in 12 months time the prices will be more in line with the old S2 prices so even better value still.

Glad the spot has helped someone - at these prices it is tempting to upgrade from my S2.

My local dealer has a number of 15 plate SE L Executives with 6K+ miles for £26K+.

I would expect that in 12 months time the prices will be more in line with the old S2 prices so even better value still.

I have found NCD to be faultless so far Andrew.

Order placed today, though went for business grey in place of the solid blue as a safer bet.

Quoted 14 weeks ....

Regards 

AD