*HELP* skoda Octavia vrs turning over but not firing

Fanvrs

Right today I went for a nice 2hour drive, on the way back we decided to go to my girlfriends mums for a hour when it was time to leave I loaded the car up and tried to start it. It was turning over but not firing, when turning it over it beeped a epc light and oil light, we finally got it started when being toed by a 4x4.

Has anyone had this same problem, as I have no idea thanks in advance

Na it wouldnt which is why id check the oil pressure switch but again that wont stop it firing, my concern is whilst cranking ul still get oil pressure so that light should not come on. Something electricals not right, needs to be scanned to get the epc light trigger. Might have dropped its crank or cam sensor seeing as it was fine 1 minute and not the next

Edit, forgot ud got it running again after a bump! Did it run fine? Has it started off its own back since? Could be immobiliser cutting spark or fuel pump, without seeing it I could list loads of things. Fuel pump may have bad earth, could have seased even when hot! The scanner is your friend, vagcom forum will show up someone near to you with it if you dont no someone with it

Edited by OutlawKen
  • Like 1

We finally got it started after a bump start, once started it sounded and ran like there was never a problem, since last night its been started up and driven 8 times and starts straight up. I have read that it could be the crankshaft sensor so been out today and purchased one, just got to find out where it is now to replace it, thanks everyone for your comments much appreciated

Guessing here, but think the crank sensor is on the front of the block below or behind to the left of the oil filter. Have a look there and see if it looks same as your replacement.

• Like 1