How much?

Hi all I'm on the lookout for a Octavia Vrs tfsi and am looking for a decent price. I'm after sub 100k mileage and full history on a 07/08 plate. I'm going to study this forum for advice and any buying tips. Any words of wisdom would be highly appreciated before I take the plunge. I have quite recently owned a mk1 Fabia Vrs and loved it. What should I be paying for an immaculate 07/08 plate??

Could somebody also confirm tsi vs tfsi.

Am I right In thinking tsi = cambelt

Tfsi = cam chain?? What year was the camchain introduced??

Many thanks for your replies in advance

Other way around mate. TSI replaced the T FSI when the Octavia was facelifted in 2009. The newer TSI is chain driven and the older is belt.  

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/198759-tsi-or-tfsi/?p=2358813

Edited by planehazza
  • Like 1

Thanks for clearing that one up as I have read about the failures with the cam chain. I'm sure it's only a small percent however

It is, but if you get a facelift model with the TSI engine, and the car is still running the original tensioner/chain, budget in about £400 to have the latest revised part sourced and fitted.

Hi all I'm on the lookout for a Octavia Vrs tfsi and am looking for a decent price. I'm after sub 100k mileage and full history on a 07/08 plate. I'm going to study this forum for advice and any buying tips. Any words of wisdom would be highly appreciated before I take the plunge. I have quite recently owned a mk1 Fabia Vrs and loved it. What should I be paying for an immaculate 07/08 plate??

I just bought a 2007 (57) plate petrol estate at the weekend.  It has 78k on the clock, a full service history and every MOT certificate.  It is in really good condition with only a couple of minor marks on the bodywork and a really good interior.  I paid £6k for it from a second hand car lot in Wales.  I had a read of the Evo (edition 217) buyers guide before I went down on the train to have a look.  Time will tell if it is a good buy but it gives you an idea of what they are going for.  There was a black estate in a dealers (Germania in Newport) down the road for about £250 more but it had 8k less miles on the clock.  I really didn't want another black car so went to look at the blue one first.

Hope this is of some use,

Andrew.

edit : It doesn't have xenons or the maxidot display.  It's on 17" wheels and needs the bonnet & tailgate badges replacing.  Not a perfect car but I'm a bit picky.

Edited by skinnyman