Tracking Issue - I think I have my answer ?

I think I have my answer but wanted reassurance before I take action.

I had new Lower Arms Wednesday of last week and took it to get the tracking done yesterday. The tracking guy said my car is leaning over to the right, he could adjust the tracking best he could, but looks like there is an Issue with the Lower Arms. I left without the tracking being adjusted.

On returning home I remembered 2 months ago I had my nearside spring snap, not sure why I didn't think of it whilst I was getting the tracking done. Which was replaced.

This may be the problem though, I only got the SNAPPED SPRING replaced. Now my car sits fine to the eye and fingers between rubber and arches, but If I'm right this is most likely cause of my car leaning to the right ??

1 spring done 2K, 1 spring done 150K. :)

Edited by mluton

I think I have my answer but wanted reassurance before I take action.

I had new Lower Arms Wednesday of last week and took it to get the tracking done yesterday. The tracking guy said my car is leaning over to the right, he could adjust the tracking best he could, but looks like there is an Issue with the Lower Arms. I left without the tracking being adjusted.

On returning home I remembered 2 months ago I had my nearside spring snap, not sure why I didn't think of it whilst I was getting the tracking done. Which was replaced.

This may be the problem though, I only got the SNAPPED SPRING replaced. Now my car sits fine to the eye and fingers between rubber and arches, but If I'm right this is most likely cause of my car leaning to the right ??

1 spring done 2K, 1 spring done 150K. :)

you are right, this will be your problem... the springs on these really do "settle" over time..... people may swear my car is lowered, but its not ... OE suspension that has lowered itself over time! lol....

• Like 1

Most likely the new spring is standard rather than for VRS.

A lot of motor factors have the standard 1.9 TDI spring listed as suitable for VRS, which it isn't of course, & will cause the car to sit higher on whichever corner it's fitted. Few mambers on here have fallen foul of that including myself

VRS springs used to be a dealer part only, but some motor factors can now supply the correct part.

• Like 1

Spoken to garage this morning and they have checked the spring and it was a suitable replacement for a VRS.

So I'm going to have the other side spring done and see if this solves my Issue.

More expense again, Just had it serviced with the lower arms. Grrrrrrrrrr!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...