16 inch beam alloys or 17 inch savio alloy wheels

Hi. Collect fabia 1.2 tsi se mkiii candy white with sunset glass and fogs on Monday. Originally ordered the 16 as above but since paid for the 17 as an accessory. The dealer thinks he has a buyer for my 16 inch. Reading the thread re upsizing in the octavia forum not sure I've made the correct choice... definitely gonns look great but cost of tyres/comfort now concerning me... dealer knew nothing about the 17 as no one has ever ordered them there before! Also asked me if I wanted matt or metallic but couldn't show or tell me the difference... advice please??

You are right. It is crazy but they are very nice wheels... that don't justify it tho. Not a great hike in money paying it off over 42 months at 0% tho... you only live one!! Not sure yet re 16inch. Gotta work out what the they would normally cost with tyres but hope 4-500...

Buying it on finance skoda solutions. 3 1/2 year deal. Sell it back to them after and get a new one. May add value for when I part ex it

Extras very rarely add value especially when the SE comes with alloys as standard albeit 15" ones.

You having put different wheels on will not add any value when you put the car back. Ziltch.

If you keep the 16" wheels for 3 1/2 years and then put back on before returning the car, 

then you might get £400-£500 if you then sell the Wheels you are paying £1,200 for now.

Or...run your new Fabia on the 17"s for 42 months then swap back to original 16"s for trade in and see if 17"s will fit next car. You've put the money out, no point in giving half of it away...unless the ride is truly apalling.

Back to your original question, there's a thread somewhere on here (maybe Monte Carlo related?) asking about the 17" alloys and whether they affect ride comfort. The answers I've come across are "not much" or "hardly noticeable".

Hope that helps, I think the bigger wheels do make a difference visually - might not add as much value to the car as options like cruise control, glass roof or heated seats tend to, but then that may not be your problem at the end. Enjoy [emoji1360]

Typed on a phone

Ordered now. Price paid over 42 months at 0% Apr so not too bad. Cheers for this was worried there but hopefully looks will be 'Fab' and ride comfy. Will put a photo on next week when I Collect if I knew how...

New car arrived. 17"savio alloy wheels look fantastic. How do I post a photo on here?

Best bet is to install Tapatalk on your phone, sign in on that and then post it [emoji1360]

New car arrived. 17"savio alloy wheels look fantastic. How do I post a photo on here?

You will have to let us know what the ride is like too. I was so close yo upgrading to the savios too. Just couldny justify it to myself :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

The price for factory order is ok, but dont pay a dealer to fit them, you'll be looking at well over £1000 with tyres.

Consider after market wheels such as on mytyres.co.uk

Black and silver alloys start around £700 with decent tyres:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/komplettrad.pl?cart_id=33354163.110.981&Cookie=&CGISESSID=c441c57f8e6b202c3d2f8cdb90cc1aa8&Change=Rim&language=EN&dsco=110&typ=sommer&Zoll=17&RadHerstellerFilter=.&Hersteller=RIAL&Typ=RIAL%20Torino%20schwarz%20Front%20poliert&Farbe=schwarz%20Front%20poliert&ShowRim=0&BestellNr=TOR75740V73-1