Getting worried about Android compatibility

Folks

have a Fabia Colour Concept arriving soon and have a Motorola Moto X Play mobile which I intend to connect to the head unit via Smartlink and Android Auto. I want to use Google Maps & music apps. 

I emailed the dealer who advises that the mobile isn't compatible; surely he is wrong. He's given me the chassis number and the Skoda website doesn't show Motorola mobiles, but I thought that via Smartlink it didn't matter. I thought the problem is with Mirrorlink.

Do I need to ask them to switch Smartlink on or is it on by default also?

TIA

Check the mirrorlink site and that should give a list of compatible phones..... www.mirrorlink.com

Thanks dorsetnod but I already know that Mirrorlink won't work with Motorolas, it's whether Smartlink is already activated on the car at time of delivery(don't say it's an extra); I don't believe that Smartlink is sensitive to the make of mobile, but not quite sure.

If you ordered Smartlink as an option when you purchased the car it should be activated at the factory..... If you never requested it as an option there is a rumour going about you can get it activated at the Skoda shop for £135.00 as the Hardware is already installed.

Got confused a bit....................

Smartlink comes already included on the infotainment system, just need a phone that can connect.

Smartgate requires activation at the factory or as an optional purchase from Skoda.

Sorry for confusion..... were a bit thick us country folk lol

Edited by dorsetnod

Hi,

Smartlink is the option that provides interfaces to iPhone via CarPlay or to Android via MirrorLink or AndroidAuto, I think that AndroidAuto is complaint with most new models so it may work with your Moto X. The interface is restricted to compatible applications only.

My Motorola E 2nd gen. works fine with Smartlink/Android Auto. I use Google maps for satnav.

Thanks for the replies, the dealer knew what I was trying to achieve but maybe they haven't used Smartlink & Android Auto themselves. Am happy now that it will work. ☺

If you can download the Android Auto app from your app store then your phone should be compatible.

have downloaded it now, just have to wait a week or three for the new toy