black leather restoration

Leeboy

Hi all,

I'm wanting to renovate my half leather seats from my Mk1 Octy VRS. I need to clean, soften and add some black pigment back into the high wear areas of the front seat bolsters. What do experts recommend for the job?

I've got a new seat base on order for the drivers seat to repair the collapsed bolster so will be removing the covering on this bit in any case.

Thanks in advance!

For cleaning and conditioning the RaceGlaze leather cleaner and balm are good products that I rate.

I have to say I haven't got much experience of redyeing leather.

Once done though - Dr Leather have a product which if I remember is supposed to stop dye transfer.  Might be worth looking into.

• Like 1

Furniture Clinic.

But I use a small compressor and spray it on (modern leather) rather than dab and dye. But that depends on the repair.

As for after, Dr Leather Dye block once the repair has had time to settle.

You may find with the repair that you will get a bit of "lift" like a smart repair and a compound, so using something like Gliptone instead will help.

Best bet is to go with one company for everything and that way, if any problems arise they will be able to sort it.

• Like 1