Hello...again?

Trev.

I suppose i should reintroduce myself after having a 3-4 year absence from Skodas.

I was on here in 2012-2013 with a Mk1 Fabia Vrs that was remapped, suspension done, braces and arbs etc all done. Loved the car but the wife got pregnant and it was big enough. Floated around several cars like a Jetta, Insignia, Fiesta (I know) and most recently a 2015 plate Focus, but we had our 2nd baby so again, needed something bigger, which brings me on to why im here..

Picked up an 62plate Mk2 Octavia Vrs Blackline yesterday. Lovely car, totally standard, was a middle aged women who had it from new as she liked the colour, 30k on the clock, full skoda service history, new front brakes and 4 new tyres (although they are fullruns...) and for a bargain price, phoned on Monday, put a deposit down and got it yesterday.

So far i love it, really nice to drive, feels very solid, very smooth and quiet, road noise is quite bad but i will put that down to the tyres the garage had put on as they are s***e. Sat nav is nice, leather seats are very comfortable and hug you.

Dont have many plans for it, get some car mats as the women took the other ones, even though she bought a kia venga, leds all round (Part numbers or point me in the direction of decent led bulbs??), remap, my usual guy angel tuning reckons 215bhp and near 300lbs ft is acheiveable? Upgraded headlamps and maintain it. I do 30k a year so suspension wont be touched. Few other bits and bobs like get head up display showing speed in mph and what not!

Any hints or tips, just let me know!

post-89899-0-11632700-1460707023_thumb.jpg

• Like 1