Dashcam fitting & fuse adapter

After some pretty interesting near missed on the country roads I commute in - I've got myself a Transcend DrovePro 200 32Gb dashcam.

Just wondering a couple of things

Can anyone advise where best to buy a fuse adapter and also which fuse to piggyback. - Does it have an adapter for the lighter socket or do people just replace the whole mini usb cable?

Can you also let me know the best way to get the trim off the A pillar. Considering the number of Skoda rattles really don't want to add the A pillar to that long list haha.

Hi! First off I didn't remove the trim, instead I used a cable rat pushed down from the top and out through the bottom near the access panel you need to remove from the dash for fuseboard access. I was given advice that the a pillar need to pop off 'about half way on both sides' and then slides upwards like a keyhole arrangement. I didn't fancy that, the top of the pillar is quite loose once moved away from the door seal. Try it yourself. Once I had the rat in there I taped the power cable to it and pulled it through.

For a piggyback fuse You can get them all over the place. Amazon or eBay should be fine. It will have a single conector at one end providing the 12v. In my case it was a blue crimp.

The fuse I piggybacked was the one for the rear wiper. No problems so far.

I wired a cigarette lighter 12v socket to the piggyback, attaching the 0v to the screw next to the access panel on the dash using a ring crimp.

My camera came with a 12v adapter so the socket is perfect for me. I didn't fancy using a 12v to 5v converter for a usb as there was talk about interference from them with the radio.

My socket arrangement sits nicely in my glove box and I have no DAB issues.

• Like 1