BBS LM offset + 15mm : Will they fit?

Hi, all.

I have a set of BBS LM 18x8.5, ET30 from BMW and I want to fit them to my 14' VRS using 15mm wheel adapters, so generally the offset would be +15mm. I wonder if these rims wrapped with 225/40 rubber will fit my Octavia without rubbing the arches?

Thanks in advance.

DSCF1282_zpszoc4ycvt.jpg

13001073_1143586965664684_70010214096887

If they are ET30 with 15mm adaptors this will give ET15. The rim is also 1" over standard so compared to standard ET2.5 equivalent.

Standard is ET51, so your wheels will stick out 48.5mm over standard which is quite large - if the car is lowered this will increase the chance of rubbing.

However, it may be possible to cut / roll arches to prevent rubbing.

Unlikely they'll work. Nice rims though. What does the rear of the wheel look like - could you get them machined to give you some more room?

I don't like the idea of machining the rims, as I'm afraid it might loose it's value - It's LeMans after all :)

If they are ET30 with 15mm adaptors this will give ET15. The rim is also 1" over standard so compared to standard ET2.5 equivalent.

Standard is ET51, so your wheels will stick out 48.5mm over standard which is quite large - if the car is lowered this will increase the chance of rubbing.

However, it may be possible to cut / roll arches to prevent rubbing.

If I knew the rolling-arches is all I need - I would proceed, but if it's not gonna work, the money for adapters would be wasted.

It would be good to base on somebody's similar practice.

The lower the et number the more they will poke out. So if your BMW wheels are et30 then they will stick out more so spacers shouldn't be required unless the extra width means they will foul on the suspension or the inner wings during full lock. Have you tried them already to see what they look like?

The lower the et number the more they will poke out. So if your BMW wheels are et30 then they will stick out more so spacers shouldn't be required unless the extra width means they will foul on the suspension or the inner wings during full lock. Have you tried them already to see what they look like?

Adaptor plates to convert PCD from BMW to VAG spec - not spacers to offset wheels in arch.

I don't like the idea of machining the rims, as I'm afraid it might loose it's value - It's LeMans after all :)

If I knew the rolling-arches is all I need - I would proceed, but if it's not gonna work, the money for adapters would be wasted.

It would be good to base on somebody's similar practice.

if you want to see if they'll fit but don't want to buy the adapters until you know.. you could make up a wooden template just to trial fit? just needs to be a 15mm thick piece of timber cut in a circle with with some holes in, just to mock it up on your driveway..?

Ok, I'll try my luck. Order a set of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15mm-Wheel-adapters-5x112-to-5x120-BMW-wheels-onto-VW-Audi-Two-pairs-/182103181315?hash=item2a66320803:g:spMAAOSwQTVV9WIm

Will check the fitment and share the experience here as soon as I get it.

:) fingers crossed!

post some pics. i have to say i'm pretty sure this isnt' going to work, but i'll be stoked to see those LM's on your mk3.

Without major metal work, I'd say these just won't fit especially given the height you're running at.

I had 8.5x18 et30 LM's in 5x112 (so no adaptors required) and these had no chance of fitting on my mk5 R32 (std offset et50), the front was the issue even with rolled and pulled arches, the offset is way too low to be workable as an everyday wheel.

This was with 215/40 tyres too for some extra clearance.

With the adaptors dropping the offset to 15, I'd say it's even harder.

But nothing is impossible with enough time and money.

Personally I'd sell them and get some more fitment friendly ones, you could even go for E series motorsport ones, they look even better than LM's!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Is it a 2 piece wheels? I wonder if you can swap the inner piece with the one with the correct PCD? Probably cost prohibitive. 

Back where I come from, it's common practice for enthusiast to change the bolt pattern of the car to suit the wheels. Pretty sure it's illegal everywhere else  :notme:

Edited by 99Reza

Is it a 2 piece wheels? I wonder if you can swap the inner piece with the one with the correct PCD? Probably cost prohibitive.

Back where I come from, it's common practice for enthusiast to change the bolt pattern of the car to suit the wheels. Pretty sure it's illegal everywhere else :notme:

You could yes but it'd be very very very expensive