Renault Master ECU diagnosis/repair

Scathel

Hi everyone

Thought this would be the best place to ask as everybody here is so helpful.

Long story short I need my ECU checked over/repaired for my 2008 Renault Master with 145,000 miles.

It had the head skimmed in October and since it came back it's had no boost until around 2.3k when it comes in strongly.  This was drivable although very slow as the next gear up was then below the higher boost point - full loads were a nightmare.  I went back to the garage who whilst agreeing it was low on power and down on MPG, said because there were no fault codes they couldn't do a thing about it.  I suggested the ECU to them then, but again computer says no...  To  be fair to them they haven't charged me for the head work until we get to the bottom of this issue so I have no reason to doubt them.

So I drove around 4k miles/3 months with the boost issue and apart from that it ran just fine.

A few weeks ago I drove it 30 miles, parked it up.  Went to move it ten minutes later and pressing the throttle pedal did nothing.  There wasn't even enough oomph to move the empty van on tickover.

AA chap came out and showed me that the ECU read the throttle movement but wasn't passing it on.  He could also move the throttle body via the laptop so that is fine.

During my 8 hour wait for the right vehicle to pick me up the van stopped ticking over so it's now not running at all.

So as the garage has a 6 week waiting time I asked them to remove the ECU (which they've done) so I can at least eliminate/repair that during that period.

I have been given the number of BBA Reman by a knowledgeable source who uses them.  I have just looked at the google reviews and it's not good!  Agreed people are more likely to air negative experiences than good but still, the score is quite low.

Who can forum members recommend to give my ECU a once over and a genuine repair if required?

Many thanks in advance

Steve