Replacement badges...

Hi,

I have ordered an estate/combi S3 in black magic paint. Wondering how these blacked out badges would work? If you've done it/seen it/thought about it then let me know what you think.... There's no right or wrong here, only opinions ;-)

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-original-Skoda-MONTE-CARLO-black-emblem-REAR

Edited by Toonaroond

Hopefully someone will post a pic of it. Cause I want to know that too! Mine is ordered in black metallic pearl. Thinking of blacking everything out. Starting with the black grill from superskoda.

Hopefully someone will post a pic of it. Cause I want to know that too! Mine is ordered in black metallic pearl. Thinking of blacking everything out. Starting with the black grill from superskoda.

‘It’s the wild colour scheme that freaks me out,’ said Zaphod, whose love affair with the ship had lasted almost three minutes into the flight. 'Every time you try and operate these weird black controls that are labeled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up in black to let you know you’ve done it.’

Zaphod Beeblebrox, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

‘It’s the wild colour scheme that freaks me out,’ said Zaphod, whose love affair with the ship had lasted almost three minutes into the flight. 'Every time you try and operate these weird black controls that are labeled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up in black to let you know you’ve done it.’

I have some ointment for that if required!

It's all down to personal taste. I've got a fairly dark coloured car and I did take a look at the blackened badges, but i'm not sold on them. I might have done it with my last Superb as it was candy white, mostly de-chromed with black mirrors/grille/wheels etc and suited the colour theme. 

At the moment, I'm leaving the car totally factory on the outside - until I get bored with it and start changing things  :D

To be honest I always wanted Disaster Area's black space ship (and KITT obvs!), but then having had a black mondeo once and seeing how quickly it got dirty I swore I'd never get another that colour!

To be honest I always wanted Disaster Area's black space ship (and KITT obvs!), but then having had a black mondeo once and seeing how quickly it got dirty I swore I'd never get another that colour!

I'm planning on using the money saved by not buying a comparable car from one of the German Premium Badge Brigade to employ a full time car washer and bumper buffer....

LMAO

It's taken me 10 years to recover from my last black car before I was ready to go for another... The practicalities are only outweighed by the aesthetics with that amount of distance....

Hopefully I won't regret it after the first 1000 miles!!!

Yes, you do that..... And then post pics on here so that I can decide whether I want to or not