Brighter Headlights

Andyroo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's strange. In India the vRS the Xenons are standard fitment. Along with sunroof, criuse control and ABS

It does happen. They fit slightly different specs for different regions, depending on what they think people will expect. Maybe for the Indian spec, it's compensating by a higher equivalent selling price. That's about

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my Philips Vision Plus's delivered by powerbulbs.com, fantastic service :cool:

I seem to have had a set of Philips Blue Vision bulbs thrown in as well, they're W5Ws. Will these fit in the sidelights on my Octy vRS? :confused:

Thanks,

J.

Had my Philips Visions Pluses delivered by Powerbulbs last week - definitely seem to make a difference :thumbup: Got the free blue vision side light bulbs as well which was nice :) Will post up the discount code I got when i've got it with me.

Got mine going in tomorrow night! Lost a headlight dust cover (muppet) so have held off til I get a replacement (tomorrow at service). Philips Vision Pluses as well. Not sure whether the blue sidelight bulbs will look any good though - what do you think?

Not sure whether the blue sidelight bulbs will look any good though - what do you think?

I was skeptical about putting them in, but for the sake of 2 mins work, I thought I'd try them. They don't look particularly blue at all and just give out a nice clear , brighter white light (matching the dipped beams) :D Worth trying and see what you think of them...

Chris

I was skeptical about putting them in' date=' but for the sake of 2 mins work, I thought I'd try them. They don't look particularly blue at all and just give out a nice clear , brighter white light (matching the dipped beams) :D Worth trying and see what you think of them...

Chris[/quote']

These aren't actually supposed to appear blue but just make your side lights appear whiter. I think they do a great job of matching the headlight and sidelight colours.

Folks,

I should set out my stall here and just mention before I go on, I'm a total idiot!

Now,

I have no idea about lights, I don't know what H1 is or H2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 for that matter, my lights are crap, I want to update them, but I don't want it to be illegal, reason being, I assume I'll have to change them everytime the car goes for an MOT.

Thats just too much like hard work, so can anyone advise, on good Xenon (like) bulbs, that I can use for side lights, dipped beam, headlights and fogs.

If thats not too much to ask!

Folks' date='

I should set out my stall here and just mention before I go on, I'm a total idiot!

Now,

I have no idea about lights, I don't know what H1 is or H2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 for that matter, my lights are crap, I want to update them, but I don't want it to be illegal, reason being, I assume I'll have to change them everytime the car goes for an MOT.

Thats just too much like hard work, so can anyone advise, on good Xenon (like) bulbs, that I can use for side lights, dipped beam, headlights and fogs.

If thats not too much to ask![/quote']

You could do worse than to follow Chris' lead in this thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/general-car-chat/43442-bulb-upgrade-results.html?highlight=lights

Just copy him and you can't go far wrong - there's even comparision pictures for you to see before and after :D

A round of applause for Chris :P

Then the fitting guide's in the handbook for when your uprated bulbs arrive. Depending on what model you have, the space can be quite tight to work in, but it's do-able. Just take your time and remember not to touch the actual glass of the bulb with your fingers - the natural grease from them will stick to the glass and they're more likely to shatter when they get upto temperature :(. If it's proving tricky for you to get them in place, hold them with a bit of kitchen towel or something....

Steve

There might be a question over the legality of the Philips Rallye bulbs on the H3 fitment (full beam). You'd likely get away with it, but if you don't want to chance it I can recommend Philips Premium H3s instead - that's what I use.

Apart from that - everything else is safe and legal as the others are still 12v/55w.

Steve

There might be a question over the legality of the Philips Rallye bulbs on the H3 fitment (full beam).

They're not tested at the MOT and on the road no-one else will ever see them (if you drive considerately ;)) so I doubt you'll have any problems. I've been using them in cars for the past 4 years (4 MOT passes :D ) and never had a problem :D

Chris

They're not tested at the MOT and on the road no-one else will ever see them (if you drive considerately ;)) so I doubt you'll have any problems. I've been using them in cars for the past 4 years (4 MOT passes :D ) and never had a problem :D

Chris

You don't MOT your car in Northern Ireland.