Reverse sensor

Hi

I discovered a problem with the reverse sensors, intermittent . Sometimes works and other times , no. 

I checked out some solutions around here but I think I've got a grip of it now. 

While wondering whether I'd turned the key too quick at starting (causes all sorts of crazy things) I then wiggled the gear stick in the reverse slot. And there it was ! 

Reverse sensor switch is sticky. I fixed it without actually doing much, just repeated wiggling (gentle of course) in the R Gear slot. It worked...(for now) ! 

I'm not saying this cures all ills around the sensors, just a short test to perform before calling in the surgeons. Could be just the switch...etc

Make sure there is something close to sensors too, something to "detect". Sorry to sound obvious but some folk prefer just to drive cars rather than try and fix them.

This is the kind of thing that won't get your hands dirty. 

Kind Regards... R

• 2 weeks later...