18" Wheels for my Superb

primey

What 18" Style rims should I choose?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What 18" Style rims should I choose?

• RS6 Style
    • RS8 Style
    • Nouvolari Style
    • Other? Please tell

Just been noseying around www.wheel-base.co.uk looking at the Audi/VW style wheels and am looking to get some on a couple of months time.

I know RS6 wheels have been done to death on a lot of Skoda's, but I have to say I do like them. Anyway, I'm wondering what any of you thought of the choices...

I am looking at 18" wheels, and have got it narrowed down to the three attached types..

1. RS6 Style

2. RS8 Style

3. Nouvolari Style

I think number 3 is my favourite, follow by 1. What do you lot think?

Looks good with rs6....but then I'm biased cos that's what is on mine .........another reason they are the easiest to clean as well

R your's 18's? Any chance you could post pics?

BTW, have you done anything with your suspension, as I am leaving mine alone.

R your's 18's? Any chance you could post pics?

BTW' date=' have you done anything with your suspension, as I am leaving mine alone.[/quote']

I would too like to see some pics of the Superb running 18's!! Post some pics up Octygone!!

I like the Nouvalri style wheels but I think that they may look a bit busy for the Superb's styling lines?

I have the OEM Solid's on mine and I think that the RS6's are very simliar so you could stick with the OEM theme there and get away with those rims.

The A8's seem to be a very common wheel but I have never seen a set on a Superb?

What are you running at the moment?

I have just picked my Superb up from the garage having had it lowered on a KW Variant 1 coilover kit and wheels are next on the list for the spring, so I am interested to see what people think of wheels that suit the Superb.

Mine are only 17"s but I wanted to keep a bit of comfort and thought that the rubber bands on 18"s might get a bit crashey

pictures are on this thread here

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43647&highlight=superb

Didn't change the suspension and have no desire to do so as it clears all the kerbs and speed humps round here.........as well as keeping it looking standard ..just to surprise a few people :rofl:

or a pic as it is at the moment

I do like the look of the RS6s. I am starting to think that root, but on 18s.

I promise you would get real fed up cleaning the others.....they look good as they slightly dished in wards ....makes it harder to kerb the spokes as well.

When it stops raining I'll take a few more piccies and put them up

Those wheels look good Octygone, not bad.

Thinking that they could be bigger and you could go lower though, LOL!!

I had RS4#s on my Bora and they were OK to clean but these 'Solids' are so much easier, just as easy as the RS6's I imagine!!

• 3 weeks later...

Looking like my next Superb will be a Comfort again.

Problem is this one had the 17" Solids which was a must have at the time.

As its a company vehicle cant mess with wheels!

However notice latest Superb Brochure Lists the X-Tended 17" Alloys at

Looking like my next Superb will be a Comfort again.

Problem is this one had the 17" Solids which was a must have at the time.

As its a company vehicle cant mess with wheels!

However notice latest Superb Brochure Lists the X-Tended 17" Alloys at

Hi all.

This is how the Superb looks with the A8 wheels.

http://www.briskoda.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=3977&c=515

The A8's look like they should be on the Superb but I think that the car would look so much better with some Skoda centre badges on the wheels and some lowering of the ride height.

• 2 weeks later...

Caution -I have some Audi 18" TT's on my Elegance, it came with 17" Solids, but after 10,000m have had the OEM wheels refurbed in metallic gold to complement the blue paintwork and they're going back on as soon as the road salt has gone, plus a (childish, I know) VRs boot badge to complement the tuning - should look smart, and more original, I think. The 18's look nice but are a bugger to clean, the ride is crashy, and the turbine effect of so many spokes is noisier than the originals. The Toyos also rumble a bit more than the Pilots on the OEM wheels, so I've decided comfort takes priority over appearance, but then I'm an old fart anyway. Haven't decided what to do with those 18s yet......... might even upgrade to 16's next year :-D