F31 BMW 330D M Sport

kiddy1

Well, today's the first time I've driven the car in heavy rain.... I'm now scared.... It keeps trying to kill me

A mate of mine said exactly the same when he first got his 325D: "it will attempt to take your life if you let it in the rain".

Lovely car though, and plenty of power.

Enjoy your's ! Remember to use the indicators ;)

JRJG

A mate of mine said exactly the same when he first got his 325D: "it will attempt to take your life if you let it in the rain".

Lovely car though, and plenty of power.

Enjoy your's ! Remember to use the indicators ;)

JRJG

Mate of a mate said something similar about the new M3. A bit boring until it tries to kill you in the wet.

Mate of a mate said something similar about the new M3. A bit boring until it tries to kill you in the wet.

Funny that the 'trying to kill you' can sometimes make a good car though. Another friend of mine has had a few hot hatch type cars and stands by his favourite being a 1.4 MG ZR, a revvy little engine with a bit of go. It would handle sometimes like on rails, other times it was a fight to get it around the same corner. We used to joke that your life expectancy nose dived as soon as you sat in it.

If I were in the position to buy a weekend/ track day car, a predictable, 'does as it's told' car, no matter how fast, would always lose out to something like an old 205 gti / Clio Sport, simply because there is that unknown territory with them, and the need to actually control them. Rather than point and fire.

JRJG

I demonstrated the 'my car tries to kill me in the wet' feature to a colleague a couple of days ago and as I braced for the inevitable spinning of wheels and squirrelling sensation, the car just gripped and shot off like a scalded cat. He was so impressed he said he might wait until the M140 comes out before he makes a decision on whether to get the Focus RS or not! I was just plain confused as to what had just happened. If he had seen me parking on a damp grassy incline today he might have discounted the BMW a little quicker I feel :D

• Like 1