How do I turn the ruddy radio off.

The dealer told me it is always on if the "Amundsen" is on just; turn down the volume if you don't want the radio.

Fair enough.

If I forget to turn the "Amundsen" off when I leave the car is the radio, and the Bluetooth for that matter, going to be draining my battery?

• Like 1

No I haven't tried that. All this tech in my car is quite new to me and I am still enjoying finding out.

I drove home from the dealer yesterday with the satnav and radio volumes up and after sorting that have been driving around today exceeding my winter tyre speed limit of zero miles per hour apparently.

All good fun - have sorted this now - I wonder what I will discover tomorrow - bricking my controllers with VCDS - not. :D 

• Like 2

Its turns off with the ignition unless you turn it back on with the ignition off. Have you tried putting it in media or aux and not playing anything?

Even then it should turn off again after half an hour.

All good fun - have sorted this now - I wonder what I will discover tomorrow - bricking my controllers with VCDS - not. :D 

Just gotta say you're a brave man if you're willing to play around with VCDS when you didn't know how the radio operates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My problem was the left hand button turns the infotainment off. I just wanted the radio off.

I understand now how it works I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't going to flatten my - errrrrrm "accumulator."  :D 

• Like 2

Just gotta say you're a brave man if you're willing to play around with VCDS when you didn't know how the radio operates.

I did say I wasn't going to. :notme: 

@y me, do you have volume controls on the steering. If you push the volume control inwards the radio/media will switch off but stay on the same screen

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

@y me, do you have volume controls on the steering. If you push the volume control inwards the radio/media will switch off but stay on the same screen

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

One of my finds today thanks. It looks like I am going to have to wimp it and read the manual.

Oy you Y Me, I'm supposed to be the resident I.T and all things technology dim wit around here. :D

It's not a radio btw, it's a wireless. :sun:

One of my finds today thanks. It looks like I am going to have to wimp it and read the manual.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNO!  :x

You WILL go insane! :thumbdown:

• Like 1

Oy you Y Me, I'm supposed to be the resident I.T and all things technology dim wit around here. :D

We used to call it the Tranny. Nowadays however that means something completely different.

• Like 2

Not only wireless problems but look how I might when I open the bonnet, I can't find the carburettor or distributor; so where are the points then? Voltage regulator, spark plugs - all missing.  :notme: 

Do you remember the days when you opened the bonnet you could see a great deal of the road beneath?

• Like 3

HAHA!!  :D

I'm taking to you....someone that talks my exact  language.

You forgot condenser btw.

I notice from your profile.....i took a peek sorry...that we have very very nearly identical ages too.

Could be a clue in there somewhere I feel, chortle.  :sun:

HAHA!!  :D

I'm taking to you....someone that talks my exact  language.

You forgot condenser btw.

I notice from your profile.....i took a peek sorry...that we have very very nearly identical ages too.

Could be a clue in there somewhere I feel, chortle.  :sun:

Let's form a dinosaur club!!  :beer: <<<<< note the warm beer!

• Like 1

Steady on. I've only just got the hang of these Imogis emoticon little picture thingys.

• Like 1

Pull wire out

Not only wireless problems but look how I might when I open the bonnet, I can't find the carburettor or distributor; so where are the points then? Voltage regulator, spark plugs - all missing.  :notme: 

Do you remember the days when you opened the bonnet you could see a great deal of the road beneath?

What circa 1956 or thereabouts...LOL

• 1 year later...