Whats needed to retrofit Amundsen nav

Piece of cake to fit. Gently remove the black trim around the stereo, then there's 4 screws to undo. Gentle pull out. I removed the top glove box and attached the gps to metal support bar behind, then fed the cable through to behind where the unit sits. Just plugs into the back of new unit.

Don't think can use steering controls but it can be coded to maxi dot display, so directions show on there.

Piece of cake to fit. Gently remove the black trim around the stereo, then there's 4 screws to undo. Gentle pull out. I removed the top glove box and attached the gps to metal support bar behind, then fed the cable through to behind where the unit sits. Just plugs into the back of new unit.

Don't think can use steering controls but it can be coded to maxi dot display, so directions show on there.

This. The OEM ones are easy peasy tbh.

Steering wheel controls and Maxidot will work but will more than likely need coding with VCDS. 

I'm jumping on to this thread :) I thought it was a straight swap as well, but the fact that some of these units come with bluetooth included confuses me, as I've already got the "under the seat" bluetooth-module. Any issues with that?

I'm jumping on to this thread :) I thought it was a straight swap as well, but the fact that some of these units come with bluetooth included confuses me, as I've already got the "under the seat" bluetooth-module. Any issues with that?

If youve got a seperate module anyway, theres surely no need to buy one with BT built in?

The existing one should work with the new unit, but again, might need some boxes ticking on vcds.

Someone off here should sort it for you for a few beer tokens (: