ASG Citigo HELP PLS : )))

SkodaFan1985

Hi guys,

Sory for my bad English.

I have been reading this mostly bad reviews about ASG gearbox, but still wants to order one, because it is cheaper than Toyota Aygo x-shift or Skoda Fabia dsg and I want automatic. And I like Skoda brand, but not sure what to feel about ASG.

I can order one here in Montenegro but there is no test car with ASG because 90% of population drive-manual. : ( So I don't know what to do.

About prices here:

For example, the cheapest Citigo ASG is 8 800 €; cheapest Aygo automatic11 150 €; cheapest Citroen c1 automatic 10 700 € (but only 2 years waranty); Fabia dsg 12 000€...

So, all these bad reviews about ASG is from 2013., 2014., but I would like to hear someone who buy car in 2016., maybe cars from this year had better ASG, improved or updated? (I hope) : )))

Thank you

Edited by SkodaFan1985

We have citigo elegance ASG 5 door from 2014, it is super! No problems

My advice is do not take the sports suspension, the normal suspension is much more comfortable 

IMG_7031_zpsgqdk2lm4.jpg

citigo3_zpsd614aaa1.jpg

I have a 2012-model with the ASG, and I really like it. Have driven a few automatics - Skoda Fabia, Vauxhall Corsa, Peugeot 207, Toyota Yaris...as I've said on this board before, this is a budget city car. You've outlined for yourself the cost savings. But I really like it, can't fault it.

Well, that sound encouraging. Test car with ASG is not available, but I am so close to order one without testing, that's how much my intuition tells me to go for it. Maybe I just was paying too much intention for bad reviews, instead good ones.

It does take a little time to get used to the different driving style but once learned it's easy. Also remember it has the facility to go manual to override automation if you wish.

I wouldn't be put off, if I were you, SkodaFan. The Citigo is a better car than the Aygo/C1/108 triplets and they have the same type of 'automatic' transmission anyway. The Fabia DSG changes gear more quickly but it is more expensive. ASG is an 'automated manual' where you can feel the gear-change and should ease off the accelerator when changing gear, unlike a full automatic; however, you can nudge the gear stick to encourage a change very easily (like when you know you will need a lower gear at a roundabout). If you go for a 'full' automatic, like a Hyundai i10 or Kia Picanto, you will get a smooth change but lose in performance, emissions and fuel economy. If you are still unsure, see if you can get on with this type of gearbox in an Aygo/C1/108. Good luck.

Well, that sound encouraging. Test car with ASG is not available, but I am so close to order one without testing, that's how much my intuition tells me to go for it. Maybe I just was paying too much intention for bad reviews, instead good ones.

Don't do it. The ASG is OK in my opinion but to buy a car without trying it could be a mistake

• 3 years later...