Sportschassie or not?

Hi Everyone!

Picking up my new octavia in a couple of days, and I am wondering how I can see if the "sportschassie" is mounted as order? I recon it can be quite Hard to tell with The eye if its 15mm lower than it should be. :)

Edited by Jonas86

You could check the build codes on the sticker in the boot of the car to make sure it matches with your original order form.

You should find the 4-digit code next to the option "sportschassie" on your order form.

Apart from that, I guess its very difficult to tell with the part numbers to compare between the normal & sport setup. (that is if you can even see the part numbers once assembled).

If you have a normal and your sportchassis next to one another, you will notice. I regularly park my Octavia next to regular greenlines and you can definitely see the difference in height.

Thanks for all replies, i have found The "colourcoding" on the front spring seems to match The coding that The lowered springs are supposed to have. Have also parked next to a "normal" octy, and I think i can see a little difference in height, so it seems my new Car has The correct springs mounted :)

Edited by Jonas86

There are some different types of marking, navigated my way through the online parts catalogue, and found my markings among the ones under the section of lowered suspensions :)

Here you can find the different types of suspensions (4x4, original, RS etc)

http://vagpart.com/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2013-front-axle-steering/

And i found my colour marking under the section for "front wheel drive, lowered, not RS"

http://vagpart.com/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2013-41121-suspension-shock-absorber-spring-cyl-for-vehicles-with-lowered-running-gear-anti-roll-bar/

Very useful Website to find accesories for example, that May not be available by default in your country/region.