Porsche 944 brakes on octy?

winx

Just found a set of 4 callipers and disks from a 944 in the store room and was wondering if anyone has any experience of fitting these to an octy 4x4?

I was planning on going for the 312 upgrade from golf turbo but these will be considerably cheaper;) :D So will they fit or not!

Cheers

cant answer, but one of the techs that work for a tuners might be able to help you...

i'd have thought if the PCD of the bolts on the disks are the same as the hub on the car then you'll be half way there, you'll more than likely need some sort of carrier for the calipers making up though.

i know APR do a Porsche brake kit for the octy vRS, i wouldnt have thought the fittings would be much different from the vRS and the 4x4.

Agree with Nigel, PCD is the first thing to check to see it the discs can be used, I would guess the callipers will be useable even if you need new discs

e-mail Ian Godney

[email protected]

He will be the man to help to manufacture new carriers etc & bespoke discs if required, all he does is Brakes & if anyone can make them fit he will & hes not ridiculously expensive. The hardest thing is normally getting hold of him

He built the brakes for my 4x4

Are they the mono-block capilers from an S2/Turbo or are they the sliding ones from a standard 944.

If they are the sliding ones then I doubt you'd see any benefit. In fact the brakes would be worse I think because the 944 is a bit lighter than an Octavia.

To fit the mono blocks would require some sort of adaptor because they have mounting holes in different places I think.

cheers for the info guys, I am not sure which they are, will go and have a look and see exactly what they are, I havent seen them just been told they are there!

will get back to you when I find them!

Cheers