1.9 tdi 2005 cooling radiator replacement

• 2 weeks later...

might be similar to 2.0TDi

I've dismantled whole front of car. A half day job

Don't buy any radiator replacement manufactured in Poland or China. They weight like paper and are similar to fridge radiator.

Original German radiator costed around 200€ in Czech Republic. Once radiator was replaced, engine cooling improved significantly

My Mecanic already purchased one from eurocaparts, he got the most expensive one made by hella, and it looks very fragile; anyway has been replaced at it work properly for now . He made the radiator swap very quickly in less than an hour, he took out the front top plastics including air filter cabin, then ventilators frame and then radiator, he had access from under car aswell to reach down screws of radiator, so no need the take out bumper.

• 2 weeks later...

It's about engine radiator, I understand that new radiators are made lighter and most components of latest cars for low fuel consumption and pollution bla bla..

It's about engine radiator, I understand that new radiators are made lighter and most components of latest cars for low fuel consumption and pollution bla bla..

Original OEM coolant radiator is exactly same as 2006 on my Skoda. Heavy high-tech design for maximum effectivity/price. Setrab, Mocal makes exactly same for racing.

So unless you use super-materials or another coolant such as 3M Flourinert or faster coolant pump or more coolant, you can't make lighter radiator with same performance....and of course it will not be priced as Polish/Chinese high-tech crap for 30EUR ;-)