Front Assist - not?

@Octy09

This high level positioning would solve the problem and also help anticipation. it is rubbish blowing just above ground level that has given these spurious and very scary panic stops which seem like you have grounded on an obstacle under the car so you are not sure if you have really rolled over a bag of rubbish rolling on the ground. In both cases I have stopped and looked under the car and there was nothing there though I saw the bags rolling in. The last one was a large empty crisp bag which made me realise what had happened. The first occasion was a large probably empty bin bag.

It is a useful system when working on could cause an accident also. Ho hum. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

@Masterjedi

Probably there is no damage from the use of the eco system but the engine now starts if you put the handbrake on at traffic lights but stops if you hold on the footbrake which does not seem good practice. I think the Citigo was the opposite and I used it all the time but I imagine some bright spark in Elf and Safety thinks this new way is the best way of doing it. I find driving off at a junction with the engine needing to start first rather alarming. In its current form I find it more trouble than it is worth. Pity it cannot be disabled by default.

The economy is pretty amazing anyhow and I had a recorded 60mpg average on a drive from Cornwall to Essex which was staggering for a 1.2 Turbo estate at 70mph on the motorways.

Shame that's how it works in yours. I've got manual and thus works differently (neutral and release clutch, if your intrested). I always assumed you would have to put it in neutral with automatics, to solve the problem your having. :/

@Masterjedi

Of course I forgot. My Citigo was a manual which was the difference and I had no problem with it. It is the automatic which seems tricky. This is a bit off topic on the OP so probably enough said. Thanks.

Edited by Skodbuster
  • Like 1