Flashing hazard lights

If your car's siren isn't working due to fault or age you'll see what you described.

Test it by opening a window, locking car as usual.

Wait 30 seconds then wave your arm around inside the car to test ultrasonic intrusion detection.

Alternatively lock up as usual, wait 30 seconds then start kicking the tyres hard to test motion detection.

In either case if hazard lights flash without siren then you know it's faulty... unless your car has option to mute siren.

A faulty sensor, the one on the bonnet is a common one.

The battery inside the siren has a limited life, yours has expired and will need replacing. Lots of threads on here. Skoda will only sell you a new complete siren but it can be removed, opened up and the battery replaced if you fancy a bit of DIY.

Thanks for that, will take a look , faulty sensor on bonnet, dont recall seeing a switch under bonnet, will take a look on threads here to find out where siren lives, was supprised that car horn was not linked into alarm

A faulty sensor, the one on the bonnet is a common one.

The battery inside the siren has a limited life, yours has expired and will need replacing. Lots of threads on here. Skoda will only sell you a new complete siren but it can be removed, opened up and the battery replaced if you fancy a bit of DIY.

Have you done this yourself Silver??

If so I would be interested on method, location (I believe it is housed behind one of the wheel arch liners but not 100% sure), type/make of replacement battery and source for same.

Mine still works from new but I'm sure its running on borrowed time.

Edited by FB011964