Happy with mpg

Recently brought an octavia vrs tfsi after many years in diesels and must say i am pleasantly surprised by the mpg I've achieved on my first full tank. 34.8 calculated by brimming the tank. Can't be bad for a car of this size and performanceven and also the octavia has done 150k miles.

• Like 1

You should get 37mpg on a run with the odd blast down the road. On a longer run down a motorway you should easily average 41mpg. Those figures are not with the car computer, but filling the tank brim to brim. Driving the car like miss daisy you can get an overall indicated 48mpg on the computer. The computer may be a little inaccurate, but if it is close to that, a good figure just the same.

When I brought the car from Leicester and drove back to Ely cambs I got 41. The trip comp said 35 but worked out overall was 34.7 approx so not far out. I have a mk1 vrs and that didn't do as well. Great car so far.

Gonna get cambelt done next week and an overall heath check done thenow maybe remap etc.

They are good cars for the money.

Thanks for reply

I've had mine since March and am over the moon with the fuel consumption.  I came from a 2009 Vectra VXR and averaged 26.4mpg over the 18600 miles I had it.  So far I've averaged 37mpg from the Octavia according to Fuelly over the last 3500 miles.  In fact, on a run today it returned an indicated 45.5mpg so even if the trip computer is a bit out that's still great as far as I'm concerned.

I'm happy with mine. I don't hang about by any means but I do coast a lot to junctions and bends etc. Will be going away soon so will get a good run. Also to note my avg cons on display are almost spot on to the calculations mad by my apppost-143292-0-24220400-1467591830_thumb.png

Mine is a 2.0 tdi tho

Edited by tonyuk74