Skoda Octavia VRS TDi 2008 juddering acceleration

Hi guys,

I've got a 2008 Skoda Octavia VRS tdi 2008, under hard acceleration only seems in 2nd and 3rd gear it kangaroos,if I lift off then gently accelerate its ok.

I have changed the air filter and fuel filter but still the same

Do you know which tdi engine is fitted as it could be a pd170 or cr170 on an 08 reg, your problem sounds egr related which would be my first port of call with the age of the car and possible higher millage,

if its a pd170 the egr valve is at the front of the engine bay and can be removed inspected and cleaned very easily,i had simular symptoms on my pd170 when the weather was warm it would kangaroo slightly at low revs when pulling away or hard accelerating,so i changed the side gasget on the egr valve to the one which has a smaller hole 10mm i think (which is a vw revised part for the 2.0 tdi ) and this stopped my problem.