Skoda Estelle Porsche 500 Replica owner whats more power?

Nicklong

Done so far, in the pursuit of a better standing start, as the top speed is good.

Fitted and tuned replacement Weber 30dic carb

Running k&N filter

Electronic iginition

Free flow performance exhaust

What else could i do, within reason and viability??

Different camshaft?

post-106357-0-90754800-1469469908_thumb.jpg

post-106357-0-42759800-1469469922_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Rejetting the carb and cam upgrades would be possible if you can find the parts. Turbo upgrade?

Tbh, your not going to get overwhelming power from a 1298cc engine. I think at standard they had 58bhp? Some have been pushed as high as 108bhp but usually to the detriment of reliability. Maybe a different engine could be more viable to give extra power you request?

Edited by Mikek3111
  • Like 1

Best bang for buck there would be to fit the later 136 engine from a rapid they have a much better head design and make better power and torque all the way thru the Rev range

• Like 1

someone once said to me that the early Felica or Favorit engine heads are compatible??

If I do go the camshaft, I was told by someone that the 110R cam has the better profile?

Car looks great, dont think Ive seen it before..I would suggest getting rid of that weedy engine and fitting a much more powerful rapid engine thats 1300 cc and more bhp..

Im in Birmingham if you would like to pop in for a cuppa..

• Like 1

no the heads are not compatitable with that block. you need the complete engine from a fav,felicia along with rapid 136 inlet and exhaust manifolds and waterpump flywheel and spigot bearing, but its a much better engine to start with and a good std one will go better than the old 130 thats tuned most of the time