Fabia VRS Mk2 Brake Upgrade Golf R32?

Hi

Just wondering if the standard Golf R32 MK4 calipers, discs and pads are a direct swap for the MK2 VRS?

I want more stopping power, but don't want to be faffing around with spacers etc.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Mk4 r32’s fit with r32 hoses, mk5 won’t.

My standard vrs wheels would not fit without spacers, but I used brand new discs and pads.

The inside of the vrs wheel spokes sat against the callipers!  Fitted team dynamics pro race 3’s in the end as I don’t like using spacers.99A74B9D-4E7D-4DC6-904D-6DB98B86A53D.thumb.jpeg.573dcf36e1e6e7ad981df34388981782.jpeg

6 hours ago, mac26 said:

Mk4 r32’s fit with r32 hoses, mk5 won’t.

My standard vrs wheels would not fit without spacers, but I used brand new discs and pads.

The inside of the vrs wheel spokes sat against the callipers!  Fitted team dynamics pro race 3’s in the end as I don’t like using spacers.99A74B9D-4E7D-4DC6-904D-6DB98B86A53D.thumb.jpeg.573dcf36e1e6e7ad981df34388981782.jpeg

So sticking those brakes on with the stock vrs wheels isn't really viable. Is there any brakr upgrade you could suggest that wouldn't require spacers and without forking out a hideous amount? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Whats the issue with spacers? I know there are varying types, some that just slip in between wheel and hub (Hmm), some that are hubcetric but still slip in between wheel and hub (OK), and some that bolt on, hubcentric and then wheels bolt on to them. (Two lots of bolts might weigh a little more but perhaps the best method). Have you had issues, using them in the past or is it just you "Not liking them"?